Hercules in New York (1969) The world is a little darker todsy

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hercules in New York (1969) The world is a little darker today

They have utterly ruined one of the worst movies in history. Hercules in New York, oh the humanity, oh the lamentations. This was Arnold Schwarzenegger's first movie to say it was a tongue-n-cheek turkey is an insult to the turkey. The only acting Arnold did was flex his peck's independently. But they ruined the vary thing that made this movie such a howler, they redubed Hercules voice. You all know what Arnold sounds like when he talks. Back in 1969 his accent was so thick they did a voice over with somebody they thought had the majestic voice of a "sword-a-sandal" Hercules from an Italian Peplum movie of the early 1960's. It was a howler to hear this heroic voice speaking when you know what Arnold actually sounded like. The only at the very end of the movie do you hear the original dubbed voice emanating from an Grundig table radio. It now has Arnold's own voice. The movie is an absolute dog, but the reason for watching it has gone, groan, the college memories from the early 1970's watching this movie in tears laughing can now never be relived. :sigh: On Netflix of course.

Last edited:
They have utterly ruined one of the worst movies in history. Hercules in New York, oh the humanity, oh the lamentations. This was Arnold Schwarzenegger's first movie to say it was a tongue-n-cheek turkey is an insult to the turkey. The only acting Arnold did was flex his peck's independently. But they ruined the vary thing that made this movie such a howler, they redubed Hercules voice. You all know what Arnold sounds like when he talks. Back in 1969 his accent was so thick they did a voice over with somebody they thought had the majestic voice of a "sword-a-sandal" Hercules from an Italian Peplum movie of the early 1960's. It was a howler to hear this heroic voice speaking when you know what Arnold actually sounded like. The only at the very end of the movie do you hear the original dubbed voice emanating from an Grundig table radio. It now has Arnold's own voice. The movie is an absolute dog, but the reason for watching it has gone, groan, the college memories from the early 1970's watching this movie in tears laughing can now never be relived. :sigh: On Netflix of course.

Mm, y'might be able to track down a pre-Arnoldized, original dubbed version if you nose about the web a bit.

The following description alone compels me to watch this beast:

"Hercules (Schwarzenegger) is sent to Earth where he finds true love and starts a promising career in the bodybuilder business."

Like watching a train wreck

I could not stop watching it, jaw dropped.
I would have loved to see a Mystery Science Theater version of this movie!!!

Whoever or whatever casted, directed, and/or produced this thing makes Ed Wood look like Mike Nichols.

I've got a theatrical teaser trailer for this movie in my collection on16mm film.

Its all a long shot of Arnold on a chariot on the streets of NYC.

Silly is a good word to describe this little film.

Back
Top Bottom