Kenwood KA-7011 amp

DanielCastle

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/ka-7011.shtml

Hey Guys.

I just picked up this rare Kenwood KA-7011 amp last week.

Really not a lot of information on it online. Works flawlessly, however the relay take about 3-4 seconds as opposed to 2 seconds. Should I be worried?

Looking at the Ka-7100 it seems similar but what from I've read this is a commercial grade amp made for home stereo or studio use.

It's very nice sounding. Transparent and warm. Very happy. Anyone have any thoughts on this amp and how it measures up to other kenwoods of the same era?
I'm kind of loving it.
There is also a DC coupling switch on it. What is this? I imagine for grounding issues?

Last edited:
The KA-7011 is the darker faced version of the more common, silver faced KA-701.

You can download the operating manual for the KA-701 which explains what the DC switch is used for.

In short the amp is designed to be direct coupled (a good thing) but toggling the switch to off puts a coupling capacitor at the input signal path for the tuner, aux, and tape inputs to remove unwanted low frequency rumble. With regard to the phono input only...since the phono input (not direct coupled) already has one cap at the input this effectively puts a second cap in the signal path.

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/ka-7011.shtml

Hey Guys.

I just picked up this rare Kenwood KA-7011 amp last week.

Really not a lot of information on it online. Works flawlessly, however the relay take about 3-4 seconds as opposed to 2 seconds. Should I be worried?

Looking at the Ka-7100 it seems similar but what from I've read this is a commercial grade amp made for home stereo or studio use.

It's very nice sounding. Transparent and warm. Very happy. Anyone have any thoughts on this amp and how it measures up to other kenwoods of the same era?
I'm kind of loving it.
There is also a DC coupling switch on it. What is this? I imagine for grounding issues?

hello
I want to try Kenwood KA-7011 too, how is the sound produced and what kind of music do you play (genre)?
does it have fine or rough high frequencies?
May I know, when you buy the price?
Thank you

I do have a KA-701. It is very similar in sound to the KA-8100 only less heavy duty built. Sounds very nice and neutral.

Back
Top Bottom