Ballin' on a budget

alevecchi

Hey audio karma, today I picked up a pair of cerwin-vega D3 speakers, but I have no idea how to use them and what I need to make a system with them, so I ask you this: what is the noisiest system I can make for under $200? they would mostly be used in our locker room, so the more bass the better.

Sounds like a sweet Soundesign or Yorkx all-in-one would give you the sound you are seeking...they can be noisy beasts!

Audiosource Amp 100?

Power amplifier with gain, can be monobridged. Has several inputs and outputs. Can be used with a cellphone via a y-cable, or hooked up to a powered subwoofer.

You won't need much power to drive those Vegas, so I would recommend setting the amp's volume knob somewhere around half and then controlling volume on whichever device is providing the tunes. Volume buttons/rockers on your phones for example.

Audiosource Amp 100?

Power amplifier with gain, can be monobridged. Has several inputs and outputs. Can be used with a cellphone via a y-cable, or hooked up to a powered subwoofer.

You won't need much power to drive those Vegas, so I would recommend setting the amp's volume knob somewhere around half and then controlling volume on whichever device is providing the tunes. Volume buttons/rockers on your phones for example.

I see that there are a whole bunch on the page you linked, are there any specific ones that you would recommend for someone who doesn't know what they're doing?

I see that there are a whole bunch on the page you linked, are there any specific ones that you would recommend for someone who doesn't know what they're doing?

I didn't link anything. The Audiosource Amp 100 is my recommendation for somebody who doesn't know what they're doing. Has done my lay friends right in the past anyway...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I didn't link anything. The Audiosource Amp 100 is my recommendation for somebody who doesn't know what they're doing. Has done my lay friends right in the past anyway...

Soory about that, I didn't notice that the forum automatically does that to certain things and thought you had done it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Soory about that, I didn't notice that the forum automatically does that to certain things and thought you had done it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Check your browser plug ins. I bet that's why a link generated from a name.

Also B&H Photo Video has the lowest shipped price for an Amp 100 right now.

Hey audio karma, today I picked up a pair of cerwin-vega D3 speakers, but I have no idea how to use them and what I need to make a system with them, so I ask you this: what is the noisiest system I can make for under $200? they would mostly be used in our locker room, so the more bass the better.

Emotiva mini x100; Integrated Amp

$219 delivered, 30 day refund policy, 50Wrms 8ohms integrated amp.

Specs look OK to me, what's the risk.

I'm guessing the speakers are 8ohm???

Emotiva_mini-x-a-100_back.jpg

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/mini-x-100

Last edited:
The DTA 100 will do the job. I used to have one. However I can't say for sure whether its in-your-face sound would complete the Vegas or make them a little too harsh. I think Vegas are already harsh and in your face. A t-amp with a different chip like the Lepai might be better.

Back
Top Bottom