Need opinions on Yamaha NS-344's.

bd1886

Found a pair of Yamaha NS-344's for a good price and seem to be in great condition. Going on the net...there seems to be not a lot of well thought out explanations on how these sound? The quality looks top notch,specs. look way better than decent except for 70w handling (plenty still for real world listening I think).

1. Wading through the varied opinions with these has me perplexed? Some people slam them....but when you look in there sigs you see where their tastes go and suspect a contrarian approach is their norm.

2.Other's get into comparisons to speaks (that doesn't mean a thing to me) because of never having heard those models.

3. Still others just leave it too simple and just say they like 'em.

Guess my question is going to be just as simple....."Are these decent speaks?"

I've been gifting vintage audio and was hoping these would be good to pair up with a CR-820 (as a wedding gift) for a young very musically inclined couple. At 50.00....thinking there is no downside and the the set would be period correct for the receiver.

Sorry....have Yammie in my modern set up,a CR-2020 in need of resto,just wading into the vintage Yamaha, and want to put this in front of people who have most likely listened to these and have a balanced opinion? They look like a helluva speak for better than average tastes! (Basic/Beautiful too!)

Last edited:
Gonna bump this thing....going to be in the area where these are at and no way to hook them up.

Back
Top Bottom