Yamaha AX-900 U opinions.......

villerat01

I just came across this nice integrated Yamaha amplifier, any opinions on this piece? There is some info on this amp online, but not too much.
Thanks Fellas

I picked one up a few months ago and have been enjoying it in my stereo home theater setup. It has a very large power supply with huge caps and big potted power supply. I consider it detailed and open without being fatiguing. Nice punch.

I have one of this yamaha, and I can thell you is a real BEAST :plenty of power, huge trasformer, big caps- all very well built, and like new!
Alps-original control volume, and "only"..18kg!
And the sound?Oohh the sound is simply GREAT: very well balanced, with punch articulate bass, sweet and rafinated highs and the magical midrange;BTW, this model have bass, highs and MIDRANGE tone control, but mostly I use in CD DIRECT option.
With my Celestion SL6 speakers have a wonderfull matching.So, if is in a good condition, i recommend you to take this amplif.Is a really great deal:thmbsp: Enjoy!
regards.

ps.: what is your speakers?

What's up guys I don't have a reply but a question. My uncle gave me a Yamaha 900 U Amp. 19KG (My uncle, like my father were real head bangers throughout the hippies and metal era) just the other day and told me (Without too much info) I could keep it or sell it. Im too a huge music fan of thrash melodies and fast pace tunes want this foreign treasure, but also low on income at the moment. Do any of you guys by more knowledge, have an idea if it's worth selling, or to keep? Please and thanks!

130w of beautiful clean Yamaha power. What's not to like? You bet it's worth keeping. I haven't owned an AX-900 but have had a number of AX-700's and they are fine amps. It will probably need to have the switches and pots Deoxit'd. I don't have the links at hand but if you use the search function for Yamaha AX-900 you should connect with several threads.

Best answer is to try it out before making a decision. It will accurately play any type of music that you throw at it, the limit will be the quality of the speakers and source.

Cheers,
James

Jus found one of these in EXCELLENT condition at a garage sale for $30USD ...this thing is a beast! Beautiful natural clean sound! Any tips/tricks about maintenance??

I just came across this nice integrated Yamaha amplifier, any opinions on this piece? There is some info on this amp online, but not too much.
Thanks Fellas
If you like it get it there is one and I almost obtained it! 106 db S/N 130 watt I believe and I like that it is integrated too, I paid big money today on a separate Yamaha C-40...the guy was rude as he did not wish to come down $20! So, no deal and it is still up!

I got a nice MX600U and it seems fine I thought the solder joints were too large but I was told it is factory....but I would get it I just am broke now! LOL

I picked one up a few months ago and have been enjoying it in my stereo home theater setup. It has a very large power supply with huge caps and big potted power supply. I consider it detailed and open without being fatiguing. Nice punch.
Ha ha, I had a Citation 19 that were almost the size of coke cans, just crazy and it has two power supplies, my Nikko's caps are 1/2 the size but both are awesome!

If you guys have one of these how do you rate them out of 10 for sound/function...?

Sorry for a late reply but I really was in need to comment about the AX-900 and to those who wonder, this was one of the most powerful integrated amps Yamaha ever released with 130W/channel in 8ohms but the amp could easily be used down to 2 ohms and then give you over 300W without effort (according to Yamaha) I never had any speakers that was 2 ohm but I tried with 4 ohms and it never protested just doint its job as usual. And I am still using almost daily after more than 30 years in my home and it still performs like it was new. So if you ever find one buy it and try it, you will be surprised :)

I have one of these and it can really drive a set of speakers. I tend to use separates now but keep it as a failsafe backup. When I had it hooked up to my pair of JBL L890's it could shake the house and though the onboard phono input was a little noisy I had some fun times cranking Sabbath and Motorhead. Some of the push buttons on the front face get sticky/dirty and this results in channel dropouts and various noise.

What they said ^. I have one in place of my B&K EX 442 and Sumo Diana right now thru Snell J/III's with a Thorens TT. I have no complaints. It is very powerful, it sounds not decent but damn great. After I finish the EX-442's restore if it does not sound better that this amp I am going to be pissed because right now, the Yamaha sounds better...And yes, Green And Black Toshiba MOSFETS !!!

Back
Top Bottom