Marantz 2230B - What can I expect?

cowdog360

So a friend is offering my he Marantz 2230B. I'm just wondering what I should expect for a reasonable amount. I'm thinking he's going to want around $200-$230 for it. Physically it's in near perfect shape on the outside.

It does have some issues that need to be addressed such as dirty switches, new lamps, and some work on the signal meter. Other than that, it sounds good!

I know the B models don't command as much.

Thanks!

Oh, pictures are in the marantz forum.

For that price ($200-$230) take it, you can find them for less but with good cosmetics, is it worth $50 to keep looking?

The small Marantz models are out of this world good, I have a 2215, 2225, and 4230 that just amaze everyone that hears them.

As far as what to expect, Expect the unit to not sound good until you get the power supply rebuilt. All of my old units that are untouched have issues when i turn up the volume.

The other thing to expect is the value to go up with a rebuild or with time.

Last but not least, Expect to start collecting them. They tend to accumulate for some reason

Lol, thanks. I totally understand accumulation. For some reason I have a small pile of kenwood KA amps that keep appearing! :)

Back
Top Bottom