Anyone in Maryland / Northern VA Interested in Get Together?

jmiles1960

I know some AK folks gathered back in May at someone's house. I missed it unfortunately. I was thinking of getting a bunch of locals (AKers) together for gear swapping, a few beers and burgers.... IDK... wanted to see if there was any interest.

yes. And until they post, the hosts of the other two events would probably be interested, too.

The house we gathered at was Jim/ehoove; Jim is gracious enough to host the Spring gathering that happens usually in May. In October, Rick/ohighway is gracious enough to host the fall gatherings.

That's not to say there isn't interest in one in between! Summers are a bit tight; people do tend to go on vacation. However, it might give a chance for those that missed Spring or will-miss Fall to maybe make it to one.

I'm all for it! I'll let Steve/ghazzer know (as he's been the mid-atlantic gathering secretary for a few years now); I'm sure he'll get on the horn and let people know so we can start gauging interest.

I know some AK folks gathered back in May at someone's house. I missed it unfortunately. I was thinking of getting a bunch of locals (AKers) together for gear swapping, a few beers and burgers.... IDK... wanted to see if there was any interest.

Jim is gracious enough to host the Spring gathering that happens usually in May. In October, Rick/ohighway is gracious enough to host the fall gatherings.

I don't see why not... I'm always up for a burger, beer and audio.

I'd think sometime this month would be best as it would evenly space the event between Jim's event, and mine.

I know the way to Germantown... And I wouldn't mind bringing a couple of six-packs and I'll make an effort to be punctual (this time). But I am gonna be in Connecticut the weekend of the 26th..... so.... any other weekend would be fine with me.

Wayne

Last edited:
I do have a prior commitment for this Sunday; but anything else is flexible.

My schedule is largely open too, but I doubt I'll feel up to it this weekend. Heading to DC tomorrow for some touristy crap while on vacation. Don't think I'll be motivated to make that drive twice in a few day's time.

Let me Know, I'm game if the date works.
Regards,
Jim

Always intrigued, tho I can't always make it ...
Sun 13th is a nogo, for instance ...

Last edited:
Word is filtering out to the regulars. Once you decide, throw up a date and see if it sticks. That is when the responses get moving.

As a former Marylander (Takoma Park) I'll be there in spirit.

Probably for the best 'cause I'd spike the punch/kool-aid or bake up some brownies :smoke: :D

Sent a heads-up note to a couple o' AKers, Finnbow & Merrylander. I hope y'all can swing it. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom