QUAD ESL - Calgary, AB $600

They seem to be a pisser to redo yourself - that is where the 1500 USD came from - a DIY site on restoring them.

Yeah, they are a difficult restoration. Very time consuming and you have to be careful with them. You're not off on your rebuild estimation. Rebuilt pairs seem to go for around $2k. They don't sell fast though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed too..

Saw the ad yesterday, though about it for a second and then told myself no. I had a pair for a while(might even have been this set as I sold them to a guy in Calgary) that I bought at a garage sale. They did sound very good, but with their limitations and the fact that they were old and may have needed a rebuild soon, I decided to let them go to a new home. Still a fan of the British stuff but IMF/Kef/Radford/Mission are more suited to Me.

current system is a creek 4040 into a set of Radford 180.

They do sound very good even with their limitations.
Perhaps a bit $overrated$ as other non- British stuff sounds better to my ears.

Saw the ad yesterday, though about it for a second and then told myself no. I had a pair for a while(might even have been this set as I sold them to a guy in Calgary) that I bought at a garage sale. They did sound very good, but with their limitations and the fact that they were old and may have needed a rebuild soon, I decided to let them go to a new home. Still a fan of the British stuff but IMF/Kef/Radford/Mission are more suited to Me.

current system is a creek 4040 into a set of Radford 180.

Hi Krimney,

Nice to see a fellow Albertan :)

Yeah, I've heard they are quite limited in a number of ways. For me it's one of those "must hear" sort of experiences, not really much other reason. I do, however, quite like the styling of the speakers. Looks like we have something in common as I too am a big fan of british hi-fi. Radford is another brand I'd like to hear (preferrably S90s). Nothing will likely displace my IMFs though, even Quads! Still, one day I hope to own or enjoy a set of ESLs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom