Aston PA auction vintage and high end 21 OCT

You never know. They said prices will start at $5, at least for many of the items, and that there are no expectations. This is, after all, and auction and not an estate sale.

About an hour and 15min for me but I really don't need more stuff.:no:
Plus 15% buyers premium ???? Was always 10% the auctions I attended.:thumbsdn:

Only 30 miles away, but I have to go on a hay ride at my daughters school. Probably won't get done there until 12pm.

:(

Lee.

Normally within a couple of hours for me BUT I'm in Canada all this week. :tears: I'm sure I would've found something to bring home. :yes:

That Audio Research pre is a nice piece. SP-9 methinks ? Lots of nice stuff, some might go for reasonable prices, but I've spent 2 paychecks in the last week. Need to dial it back a bit.

I will not be going to this auction this year, its a long day standing around and is a killer on the feet, and mostly becuase I'm broke...

I went the past few years and came home with very little as I felt the prices were very high. Most of the very nice name brand/high end items sell at or near going ebay prices.

That being said, this is still a great auction if you want to pick up a project or two, but you will not likely have any scroes as the buyers are mostly very knowledgeable. I will say, that it is a great place to meet lots of like minded cool folks and some audio hustlers...

My two cents.

KC

I know what it is; it's BIG! Look at the size compared to the Thorens next to it in picture #281; it's gotta be 12" in diameter, and at least 14" long.

Wrong coast for me. Nice Hickok 539 there. The quantity of tubes is pretty impressive too. Hope a few AK'ers make it and find some 'scroes'. Dang.

A friend and I went over. I thought some of the final bids were not that high. They did have a box of tubes that went for $2000. An Akai GX636 that went for $450. Some higher end amps at $500- $1000. Marantz 2270 $130. Lots of lower end stuff went pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom