Yamaha S2100 Series

I landed Migman's 2100. He decided to keep the Accuphase and I certainly can't blame him. I have heard both and the Accuphase is certainly better but it's also 5x the cash. I wrote about the Yamaha over in the Modern Hifi forum and I find it to be a fantastic amp.

It looks like migman just bought another one in January. I was reading in the modern forum and he had a post where he mentioned getting another 2100.:scratch2:

FWIW, I still find the 21st Century Yamaha '70s styling reboots ironically amusing in their choice to re-deploy the original function selector knobs as tone/balance knobs.

I assume this is so that you don't have obliquely pointed knobs so everything looks nice and symmetrical (unless you're a weirdo who likes to adjust the tone controls)?

if you go to the Yamaha website you can search for dealers via your zip code.:thmbsp:

I know that but it returns only best buy - I should have mentioned that. Based on that I suspected that function wasn't that great but I should have probably put in an SF zip code too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe some of the online retailers will let you try out a product and send it back if you don't like it; I think shipping costs are the main problem with this though.

Back
Top Bottom