How to remove grills (NS-1000)?

Nice speakers.

I upload to postimage.org, then copy the link into the dialog box that pops up when you hit the picture icon when creating a post.

On a side note, how does one attach photos so that they are in the body of the post as opposed to thumbnails at the bottom that you have to click on to expand?

Beautiful speakers John! I have a set of those stands too and I love them because they almost completely decouple the speaker from the floor; a suspended acoustic suspension speaker. :tresbon:

attachment.php

To insert the thumbnail image into a post, preview your post before submitting it. While previewing, click on the attached thumbnail to open it, copy the image url then paste that url into the post by clicking on the "insert image" icon located above the quote field. :thmbsp:

attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• My NS-1KM Stand.jpg
    My NS-1KM Stand.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Insert Image.jpg
    Insert Image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Nice speakers.

I upload to postimage.org, then copy the link into the dialog box that pops up when you hit the picture icon when creating a post.

Thanks captouch. I like your taste in speakers too :)

I've had the pleasure of enjoying Yamaha speakers for several years now. I actually started with some of their nicer HT speakers and then got a pair of NS-1000M's after reading about them here and elsewhere several years ago. Actually, I think maybe my first pair of Yammies might have been NS-200M's from SoCalSam but in any case I'm quite pleased with the Yamaha sound.

My guess is that the M and non-M versions of these sound identical. I'm trying to pay more attention to the s/w (music) and less on the h/w (stuff) but when I heard about these on the 'bay I couldn't resist. I wanted a different look for my home office/toy room and jumped on it :D

And thanks for the info on postimage.org.

Happy listening to all :music:
John

Vintage Age, thanks for the info on posting pics. Much appreciated.

And your signature pics, IIRC, was one of the influencers that got me on the NS-1000M bandwagon. And after getting my first pair there was no more reason to want anything better. Well, maybe I was too lazy to refinish my NS-1000M's and took the easy way out and got these. But from a "good sounding speaker" perspective my hunt was over.

And what do you know, there are those stands in you shot into the dining room! :thmbsp:

Cheers,
John

Thanks captouch. I like your taste in speakers too :)

I've had the pleasure of enjoying Yamaha speakers for several years now. I actually started with some of their nicer HT speakers and then got a pair of NS-1000M's after reading about them here and elsewhere several years ago. Actually, I think maybe my first pair of Yammies might have been NS-200M's from SoCalSam but in any case I'm quite pleased with the Yamaha sound.

My guess is that the M and non-M versions of these sound identical. I'm trying to pay more attention to the s/w (music) and less on the h/w (stuff) but when I heard about these on the 'bay I couldn't resist. I wanted a different look for my home office/toy room and jumped on it :D

And thanks for the info on postimage.org.

Happy listening to all :music:
John

I hadn't even considered Yamahas as speaker's I'd pursue until I heard thanhdang63's NS1000's. It inspired me to get NS-690 II's, which are also nice speakers and much more affordable - still have those in my office. But I let it be known that I'd be interested in one of his pairs if he ever wanted to let one go.

And he was kind enough to offer me a really nice pair late last year for a nice price. It also ended my quest for better sounding speakers. I have multiple systems, so I'm still casually on the lookout for options to replace my other speakers, but I'm quite happy with the 1000's in my main system.

I also think the 1000 and 1000M's should sound the same. Some have said the 1000's go a bit deeper, and I suppose if the interior volume were larger on the 1000's that could be the case, but I doubt it's anything more than subtle.

Next time, lay the stands on their backs and position the speakers, then just tilt them up.

Really nice John, they are in very good shape it seems :thmbsp:

Thanks. Aside from a few pretty deep scrathces, gouges almost, and a bunch of easily address light ones, this pair was in pretty good condition. I am fortunate that they arrived safely. Plus they sound great :yes:

Cheers,
John

Back
Top Bottom