Yamaha CA-510 amp - opinions?

junior

Just saw this amp in the local SA. $45 CDN. Any opinions? How do these compare with the Sansui receiver(I've got the 771)? What's the wpc rating and other specs?
I'm guessing 50 wpc as that left and right channels have power meters and 50 watts is at the highest it goes. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks! :banana:

I know of a CA-410, 610, 810, 1010; as well as a 400, 600, 800, and 1000. I ve never heard of a 510! Any way to get a pic? The 0dB mark shown on the power meter is the rated output per channel, not the highest the meter shows. And truthfully, any Yamaha integrated amp in that series is a jewel. Ask just about anyone here, Junior. You could do farrrrrrrrrr worse.
Tom

Last edited:
Oh, ok! Thanx, Bolly. That sure looks like a 410 II to me!
Junior? 35wpc, and IMHO, C$45 isn't bad at all if it's in good shape. Maybe the brochure's 40wpc are DIN watts? :scratch2: I know I'd snag it, especially if it had a voltage selector for use on 120V/60Hz.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic... the CA-510 looks exactly like that 410. The shape is very good. No visible damage. Do you think they compare well to the 70s Sansui's or Kenwoods?

Personally? Yes. I used a Kenwood KA-3500 (40wpc) just before I got my Yamaha 1010. They're both great.
Tom

Hi,

I am new to these forums.

I would just like to say that there is a CA-510 Natural Sound Amplifier, I own one.
These are a BRILLIANT amplifier, you will get 75 watts per channel ( 4 channel ). The amp is 300 Watts all up. It is really a wonderful amplifier with alot of power, I recomend it to anyone after an awesome stereo amplifier.
Its a very good looking amplifier too.

i have the exact same yamaha amplifier CA-510 and is really powerful as i got a pioneer 25 disc cd stacker hooked up to it + 2 x 120w 4 way advantage brand floor speakers but does anyone know where i can download a free user manual for it?

Until I got my tube amp recapped I was using a CA-410II which I believe is the American version of the CA-510. Very nice amp great sound.

Chad

Hi,

I am new to these forums.

I would just like to say that there is a CA-510 Natural Sound Amplifier, I own one.
These are a BRILLIANT amplifier, you will get 75 watts per channel ( 4 channel ). The amp is 300 Watts all up. It is really a wonderful amplifier with alot of power, I recomend it to anyone after an awesome stereo amplifier.
Its a very good looking amplifier too.

That's not right. It's a 35 Watt per channel (8 Ω) amplifier with 210 watts total power consumption. 17.5 Watts into 8 Ω, 0.05% THD, power bandwidth 10-40,000Hz..

Yamaha ca-510

i recently bought one of these, i think i over paid for 100 bucks, but want to know if there are any other opinions before it arrives! I will write a review of what i think about it. all opinions matter please write ur little hearts out. thanks guys, Blood.

Some info I found on it:

Classic brushed aluminum face with clean lines make this piece from Yamaha stand out in a rack. Built in Japan for the Canadian market, you won't find too many of these around . Everything works, cosmetically excellent, recently serviced, hit with D5 and F5 sprays, and ready to go home to you.

Specifications

Power output: 40 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.01%
Damping factor: 50
Input sensitivity: 3mV (MM), 150mV (DIN), 150mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 85dB (MM), 100dB (line)
Channel separation: 65dB (MM), 65dB (line)
Output: 150mV (line), 30mV (DIN)
Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
Semiconductors: 45 x transistors, 23 x diodes, 2 x zener diodes, 1 x LED
Dimensions: 435 x 139 x 333mm / 17 x 14 x 6 inches
Weight: 7.8kg / 15 lbs

Year: 1978

Back
Top Bottom