Howdy People.. Been a while.. Pig Roast Invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and loud music is no issue

Speaking of which, I'm going on the assumption you haven't gotten any audio gear out there since you've been restoring the place...I got a rather nice boombox I could drag along with my iPod.

Also, just checked the forecast; the chance of rain seems to have diminished down to around 11% for early early Sat morning. Looks like it might hold off entirely.

hahaha. you're right.

In that case, I'll make sure I pack the good music collection. :)

Are aching heads still throbbing??

Ears still ringing from gunshot blasts and loud music?

Juicy details, please!

Had an excellent time at James homestead......great music, great food, and wonderful people!

Everybody left the party in better condition than the pig.....:D

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I for one had an absolute blast! James has an outstandingly beautiful place, even if the house isn't close to being finished.

I don't know about the head-aches; they were probably from the lack of sleep more than the alcohol. James was already running on fumes and kept going all weekend. He'll sleep for days.

I can't remember how many people wound up showing up. 20 or so? I have a picture somewhere of the crowd that was there, I'll count them up later. There was a small crowd that showed up later in the afternoon.

The pig was delicious, the people that showed up (both locals and afar) were just outstanding. The smell of a roasting pig goes great with gunpowder!

First off, I need to say thanks to Jay (Dewdude)... He gave me some pictures and videos that were the best a guy could ever want.. I need to get some of them up so ya'll can check them out. Maybe try and do that tonight.. We're still over stretched though since we're trying to get ready for the move..

The pig wasn't what I had hoped for.. It took a lot longer to cook than planned because of how big it was, and there was a little taint to it... It doesn't make it bad, it's just a smell that some (like me) have a harder time getting past.. but man was the meat delicious..

We had we think about 25 or so... A lot of locals said they would be there, but weren't.. Thant's all good though, because we still had a blast, and I got to understand a little better how things work out there.. it's kinda clicky..

Kind of caught up on sleep... went to bed at 7:30 last night..

Yeah. If I can remember to have a camera with me; I tend to snap a few good ones out of sheer volume. Most of what I shot this weekend was video; there was only around 400megs of photos in more than 10 gigs of data. I need to get out and practice photography again, I used to be halfway good at it; setting up compositions and using manual controls...most of those were shot on auto..I was lazy.

I just threw some of them up; took out the gore and ones that were obviously crap (autofocus issues, blur), I'm still playing with that camera. http://imgur.com/a/tPZzN

Wow.. way cool Jay.. thanks.. Eh.. if people can't deal with gore, then they don't need to be eating meat :D

Sorry I missed the shindig. It looks like you'll be living in the 'sticks', with a good view of the stars. That small barn has been there for a long time. I'm curious about the history of that property.

Huh.. what a shame.. people can't see and understand where their food comes from, and how it gets to their plate.. There was no disrespect towards the pig.. I wouldn't ever have any of that.. It was really no different than going out deer hunting, other than with a pig you want it stunned so it will pump out the blood to give you better meat..

As far as the barn and property, no real idea.. I do know I've been told by several the barn is pre civil war.. The property was part of a really large parcel split over the years.. it used to be a cattle farm for years back in the 40's and probably earlier..

Threadcraps have all been deleted. For those of you who took this thread off topic with your comments, this thread is about a BBQ, as was made clear by the "pig roast" in the thread title.

If you don't eat meat, you are not required to read the thread, and you will not be permitted to insult those who do not share your beliefs.

James, I'll leave it up to you. If you wish, we'll reopen the thread and keep the threadcrappers out, or we can leave it closed.

Your call. Shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom