w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Fall Frankenfest Saturday February 8th in Clinton MA

At our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

We need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we'll go until around 5-6 PM.

These events are going quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebee tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.

We hope to be able to set up a critical listening area on the second floor as we had previously planned - we'll have to see how that pans out.

On the main floor we'll have the swap area in the hallway, listening back behind the "laser area" and possibly some other areas - depending on availability.

Just please take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

For the subscribers amongst us I set up a thread on the Barter Town equipment forum.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Wow seems like it was yesterday I was there for the October Frankenfest. Will be great to see everyone and bring some goodies along. :):beer:

I am making plans to attend to this one (making "plans" means getting an okay from Mrs. Urchinn). I'll be there bearing Sierra Nevada, and, hopefully, my main man, John in Ma, will be toting his home-made cookies! Can't wait to fill my trunk with dead media, and assorted electronic cast-offs!

I am looking forward to going! New to all of this, and you mention bringing something like food, what can I bring. Snacky stuff, soda, beer?

I am looking forward to going! New to all of this, and you mention bringing something like food, what can I bring. Snacky stuff, soda, beer?
Bring what you will. Whatever is left feeds Frank for weeks or he brings to a local charity.
Take a look at past threads for pictures of what to expect.

Can't wait! Might actually try to sell some of my stuff this time around... :scratch2:

Not a chance, my friend.

Hey, I've gotta at least make an effort to get rid of something. It's getting kinda hard to walk around here with all the stuff piled up. Recently was given a literal crate full of old record changers. :sigh: Besides, I'm sure you guys have gotten bored of listening to my Dynaco amps by now.......... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about bringing "a system." I'm more of an analogue guy, but I'm thinking folks might be interested in the full-range sound. How 'bout some Madisound folded horns, some low-watt tube monoblocks, and my laptop fed through a Fiio X3. The Fiio is an overlooked gadget that is both a wonder DAC, and a portable player than can handle mp3, flac, APE, ogg vorbis, ALAC, and all hi-resolution files. Anyone interested in this combo? Also hoping MHardy will tote along some open baffle treasures...

I'm thinking about bringing "a system." I'm more of an analogue guy, but I'm thinking folks might be interested in the full-range sound. How 'bout some Madisound folded horns, some low-watt tube monoblocks, and my laptop fed through a Fiio X3. The Fiio is an overlooked gadget that is both a wonder DAC, and a portable player than can handle mp3, flac, APE, ogg vorbis, ALAC, and all hi-resolution files. Anyone interested in this combo? Also hoping MHardy will tote along some open baffle treasures...

This SOUNDS like a wonderful idea to me.:thmbsp:

Only a bit over a month away:cool:

Just tried to visit the sell/trade/free thread but I don't have permission. Is there something special I need to do to get there? Thx.

Back
Top Bottom