Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I'm not sure what that has to do with sheet metal hockey players (not to give you grief, just about why you quoted my post. :D) but that's cool.

I know she's talented though for the most part I don't like her but I really had no idea she was recording that early. Perhaps those early ones before she went all Hollywood and such I might like, kind of like Tina Turner.

She has a nose like a hockey stick ? :scratch2::D

Not audio, but I got a free MCM coffee table yesterday. It was scratched up pretty bad, so I sanded and stained it last night... I'd call this a score!

10300113_10153002963907817_7358524295351302670_n.jpg

It was a good day for vinyl at the thrift today.

The Dylan is a two eye mono. The Oscar Peterson is a Japanese reissue on Quiex II vinyl. A few of these I didn't even know had ever had vinyl issues. The Graceland is DMM pressing. I had never heard the Emitt Rhodes but LOVED it. All but the Ray Charles and the MC5 are in EX condition.

That is a truly wonderful haul!!!

Grabbed a pair of Sansui SP-3500's today From the Salvation Army for a smoking $14. They've seen better days but don't sound bad at all and boy are they heavy. Chick Corea is blessing them as I type.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that has to do with sheet metal hockey players (not to give you grief, just about why you quoted my post. :D) but that's cool.

I know she's talented though for the most part I don't like her but I really had no idea she was recording that early. Perhaps those early ones before she went all Hollywood and such I might like, kind of like Tina Turner.

The quote... just hit the button to comment, considered it a continuing conversation, that's the way I read the thread. Anyway, I don't like her for the most part either which is why I was surprised to find some recordings of her I actually like. A few of the cuts on her second album are quite outstanding. She has more performance going on in these early recordings instead of simply being in love with hearing herself.

My best thrift shop finds.....

Bose wave radio awrcc1 CD player $1. Cleaned up nicely

Technics sl 1900 $6

Sharp gf 9595 $5. This boombox is a total beast. Weighing nearly 20lbs.

Marantz 120b $50. got it at a house shop on the south side. A little scetchy but worked out fine.

Paradigm studio 100 v1 for $80

i check most of the local good will type stores on my way home every afternoon .... some times a score .. most times not.

around here they have figured that there is a good market for this stuff .. so they google it and set the price at about half or one third of flea bay price.
even salvation army prices are way up

too much of it is eighties stuff now ... usually missing the needed remote ... but still i check every day :)

I've been going too often. Yesterday the lady at the register (this place os cash only) tell me I can give her the extra 6 bucks next time I go. I've gotten a "shit ton" (i think that's the scientific term) of vinyl there.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Man it has been like gangbusters at the thrift as if late. Over the past 2 weeks I have picked up;
JBL L75 Minuet Pair $5
Infinity 7 Kappa Pair $17 (needs foam)
Dual 1219 $5 (has a Dual 242E cart on it)
Wurlitzer 140B Electric Piano $50 (with original legs and Vibrato pedal)

Some douchebag keep stealing knobs off of every piece of stereo gear, silver or bpc. So frustrating.

Stereos do not last long enough for anyone to steal knobs around here.Unless it is some total cheapo stereo.... they generally don't last the day.:no::no:

From a clothing store that has a small selection of vinyl for $2: Byrds- Easy Rider and Dr. Byrds & Mr Hyde, Every Mothers' Son, Tom Robison Band, The Headboys-don't know anything about them, but it was sealed.

Saw these at a goodwill, they wanted $80 for each one.

5 - Denon DN-951FA
1 - Denon DN-961FA
1 - Denon DN-M991R

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_125753537a.jpg
    IMG_20150701_125753537a.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 213
Stereos do not last long enough for anyone to steal knobs around here.Unless it is some total cheapo stereo.... they generally don't last the day.:no::no:

Same here, i bought one receiver without the knobs. I'll have to find some generic ones off that auction site. I found good deals (hpm100, kenwood ka9100) at this same store so i keep going back. However they have about 500 lbs of crap records which languishes there month after month. The employees are also nice so i kind of enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom