What I learned on Craigslist

The proper spelling of woofer or i mean "Woof" or "sub" or "woffer"..the list goes on..lol. I also learned that there are a ton of "systems" out there that will "blow you away"!!

I am making a collection of hilarious ads. A couple examples:

The first is not audio related but funny:

"Looking for smaller street sleeper...Looking for one in good condition that will fit in a standard size garage."

I believe (hope?) they meant 'sweeper'.

"I have a big home stero with 4-15inch subs $300 Its a big system its got two tall speaker boxes with 2 15s in each box,they are proaudio and it comes with a teachwood reciver plus 5 disc changer and dual casstte deck.This thing is loud as hell i don t need the wife says it to lound so what the point of having something like that if you don t turn it up."

I'm all over that.

Don't forget the speakers that have had the "sub" replaced.. usually with a crappy car audio subwoofer!

I bought a pair of speakers in Goodwill with MTX car subs in them for $10. Make good loud party speakers :banana:

And no need to worry about them getting blown or beer spilled on them.

I learned that no matter what I search for I always get the same list of items, because the same local a$$hole$ use a string of every one who made any form of electronics in every ad, to wit:

"amp cable yamaha sony xplod sub focal jvc panasonic samsung rockford fosgate infinity bose denon onkyo kenwood mtx orion blaupunkt audiobanh subwoofer subs technics jensen toshiba jl audio kicker kickers jbl wires kit alpine subs subwoofers wire car hifonics brutus punch p1 p3 l7 ipod iphone htc phone game blackberry blah blah blah forever"

I also learned that most electronics do not have model numbers.

"Pioneer receiver $300"

"Dear sir, can you give me the model number?" Translation: I don't know which of 987 Pioneers you're selling - an SX-1980 for a song, or BPC. I would think if you're asking that kind of jack for it, you'd be kind enough to tell us what your actually selling.

Reply: "It is old. You are welcome to come look." Translation: No, I would have to get off my fat butt and look at the back, and I am too lazy.

:banana:

Back
Top Bottom