I thought i had seen every Infinity speaker made.

I always wanted to try a pair. Luckily I am on the wrong Coast to even consider them.

Damn, I just drove thru Hemet today!:D
Of course I had the RSii's in tow I had just picked up. Maybe he would trade with me!

I don't recall ever reading Infinity releasing the QLSR with any thing other than a 15 inch driver, I would be suspect of those being something that someone modified and not OEM. I wonder how they sound, and those amps should be a nice find as well.

For posterity. Pics courtesy US Audio Mart

Attachments

• 995114-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    995114-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 995122-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    995122-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 995123-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    995123-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 995113-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    995113-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 995112-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    995112-infinity-quantum-reference-standard.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
I don't recall ever reading Infinity releasing the QLSR with any thing other than a 15 inch driver, I would be suspect of those being something that someone modified and not OEM. I wonder how they sound, and those amps should be a nice find as well.

Infinity did a lot of crazy things back then, so I wouldn't discount this being a factory offering.

Holy Schmoly!

What a rear find indeed!

Yes, what a rear find, indeed! You could say they are the end of the rainbow for Infinity fans... you could back that truck up to load up your newly-scored booty! Just be sure to put down some moving blankets in the rear end, so you don't scratch up the speakers or the truck bed. I wonder if the cabinets are built with finger joints or butt joints? You know they must have solid highs and really good bottom end!

:thmbsp:

Yes Infinity "drank some strange brew" back in the day but looking at those I lean
towards a custom mod.

Anyone have more to add?

Wow! I thought I had remembered seeing (a picture of) a QRS with an array of small woofers back in the day, but every other picture I'd ever seen of them only had the 15". Now at least I know I wasn't hallucinating.

Wasn't it the QRS, that Harry Pearson of The Absolute Sound, modded with bass panels from Magnepan? Upon review, Harry thought the woofer system not fast enough to keep up with the planar mids. So, Harry did this:

QRS-1D_zps1e97a7e5.jpg

Maybe the multi-woofer QRS was an attempt by Arnie to speed up the system. And when he couldn't, Arnie produced the first IRS speakers instead!!! :D

Local pickup only. I wonder if they'd take a cashier's check, for a few hundred extra, and I could send my agent to pick them up. After the check clears of course. :D

Back
Top Bottom