Well guess I've been had by one number

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where in that ad does it specify that this is for one piece only. Yes, the number 1 is placed before the title but then the title is plural. The picture clearly shows 4 AND 4 pieces of hardware. It would give a reasonable impression that this 1 item is for the set of 4.

The dollars are small but this looks to be deliberately deceiving. Your choice is if "not as described" case is worth pursuing but I would steer clear of the buyer in the future. Lesson learned; assume nothing.

Type: AMPLIFIER OR RECEIVER LEGS

I would have thought "legs" indicated all 4 as well. I would contact the seller, but likely not worth the trouble of opening a case.

If anyone needs one footie with one screw I'll send it to you free of charge, US only please .......Or if you have three to sell I'm looking ....Cheers :thmbsp:

I get around fine with only two legs ...

Oops! CRASH! dOH!!

Ya ... awful lot of plurals in that posting. You could file a complaint, but best case, you'd end up with three legs?

I would file a claim. He has six sales rolling, and three are using the same misleading "parts" mo. He won't change this little fraud until he gets nailed for it a couple times. Do others a favor, and open a case.

Hard to imagine that even if you somehow missed the 1 in the title that when you went to pay that since it asks you to enter in a number of how many you want to purchase that it did not strike you as odd that 4 sets of 4 feet were available and you only selected 1.

Ebay will side with the seller on this he did nothing wrong, it was clearly the fault of the buyer :yes:

Regards Snow

Hello chauncy,

I assume you just paid the $5.50, not $22.00 upon checkout. Looks like they showed all 4 in the photos that they had available. You would just have to select all 4 upon checkout. It is not a scam, just eliminating 4 listings and offering buyers the option to buy the quantity needed. Just have to ask, did you think you were going to get all 4 for $5.50 and secondly, did you think they had 16 of these feet available.

Here is a listing of mine, not deceptive, you can buy one or both. Also if one sells, the listing remains active.

Regards,
Mike

Hello chauncy,

I assume you just paid the $5.50, not $22.00 upon checkout. Looks like they showed all 4 in the photos that they had available. You would just have to select all 4 upon checkout. It is not a scam, just eliminating 4 listings and offering buyers the option to buy the quantity needed. Just have to ask, did you think you were going to get all 4 for $5.50 and secondly, did you think they had 16 of these feet available.

Here is a not deceptive, you can buy one or both. Also if one sells, the listing remains active.

Regards,
Mike
Agreed I had a listing a while back that had 70 knobs in the pictures all were the same at $7.95 each and the buyer was upset he only got one knob for his $7.95 and he left me a negative feedback which Ebay promptly removed.

These knobs were selling on average for $10.00 each he had to have known he was not getting all 70 for less than 8 bucks + plus the fact that he had to enter in the number he wanted when he went to pay.

As a seller I have no desire to list seventy auctions for the same item nor do I want to be charged for 70 listings. The main reason for stating feet versus foot is to let buyers know there is more than 1 available.

Regards Snow

picture shows 4 feet ..some people believe it or not cant read .. and still buy from ebay etc .. they look at the pictures ...
plenty of ads have a picture of one item for sale and multiples of same thing if desired .

picture shows 4 feet ..some people believe it or not cant read .. and still buy from ebay etc .. they look at the pictures ...
plenty of ads have a picture of one item for sale and multiples of same thing if desired .
Lmfao.... Just curious how do these non readers get to the listings they want to see to buy? I suppose you could use Google voice search :scratch2:

Regardless of whether the pictures show 1 item or 1000 items it is still the responsibility of the buyer to enter the correct number of items he/she chooses to purchase if there is more than one item for sale that is why there is a box to enter in the correct number when you go to check out to help ensure all goes as planned.

Regards Snow

He uses the same verbiage for all his auctions, and the noun is plural, not singular. It takes no effort at all to make everything singular, and then say one, four, or seventy are available at the same per unit price.

File a claim. Says Legs in the title and Parts in the description and [1] means nothing but he is trying to mislead people. What a jerk. It should be written in plain simple text in the description "this is for one foot only".

English as a second language. I would venture the seller is of Asian heritage.

Yea we can get technical on the pluralizing in the listing, but I'm sure it showed 4 of 4 available in english, pretty easy to deduce that it was $5.50 for 1 foot.

Regards,
Mike

Seller should be much more clear. If you're selling something like that, where the quantity could be misconstrued, you need to be obsessively clear.

Again, the possibility of them parting out 4 Marantz or 1, some common sense is needed from the buyers. Just Saying!

That is the first thing I saw when I looked a their listing, 4 feet in photos, 2 sold, 2 available. And again, thinking you were going to get 4 feet for $5.50, $1.38 each, come on.

Bought these(?) on a whim after cleaning the switches on my 2238b. Of course thought I was buying all four, one arrived .....used to love the bay, now the only money I will spend there is new small ticket items....not complaining, just mad at myself.....Cheers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151556257090?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I agree it's misleading whether intentional or not. I did notice that the seller is offering "14 days money back, you pay return shipping" Why not just return it and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom