Mitsubishi DA-L70 and LT-70

barbierij

Hi all! I just took out my Mitsubishi DA-L70 receiver with 7 cassette changer and the fully automatic Mitsubishi DA-70. I was hoping somebody could help me find if there was a CD player that Mitsubishi made that matches the scheme of these two fine pieces of equipment.

Attachments

• 0824090210.jpg
    0824090210.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 195
I do not believe there was. One of my uncles had that entire setup, complete with the Sony APM-style square speakers. As a youngster, I used to play with the cassette changer for hours on end. When I got older, I actually repaired it, and was quite impressed with the build quality.

OK. The manual showed a picture of a vertical cd player. Also, the date written on the manual is 08-15-84. Could this be the correct? This system seems far more advanced than early 80's technology... Or is it?

Jokingly, my friend asked me if it came with a millenium falcon.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I took them with my Samsung i760 phone... 1.3MP

Attachments

• 0824090240[1].jpg
    0824090240[1].jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 0824090241[1].jpg
    0824090241[1].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OK. The manual showed a picture of a vertical cd player. Also, the date written on the manual is 08-15-84. Could this be the correct? This system seems far more advanced than early 80's technology... Or is it?

Jokingly, my friend asked me if it came with a millenium falcon.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I took them with my Samsung i760 phone... 1.3MP

That almost looks like an early NEC based unit. Although not a complete match style-wise this is probably what they were referring to: http://audio-heritage.jp/DIATONE/player/dp-101.html

Diatone = Mitsubishi, in case you were wondering.

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/Mitsubishi-DP-101

Hi guys, just picked up the mitsubishi system in discussion, the LT-70 turntable,
DA-L70 amp/cassette/tuner combo, complete with the matching speakers SS-L70. They really made a huge technological push at the time, considering the audio cassette and the LP record were close to being retired. The audio selector has a switch for aux/CD, so it was clearly introduced on the verge of the audio change-over of the 80's. l am particularly impressed with the automated 7 cassette changer draw with programming, selected track search, etc. The linear tracking turntable has similar abilities and controls, but it tends to have an intermitant problem with overshooting the 1st track and moving to the end of the record, then returning to rest. l can't see how it reads the tracks, as there is no sensor evident to clean or check - further investigation required. l am chasing the opertational manual for these components to make full use of the programming and other operational features, so if anyone can help out, it would be much appreciated.

Back already with an update -
Upon closer investigation, sensor found. l removed the stylus to check and clean, and noticed on the underside of the tonearm a very dusty little sensor that reads the track through a gap in the stylus. A light dusting, a thorough testing and all seems well. Still very keen to locate a copy of the owners booklet. Thanks all.

Hi guys, just picked up the mitsubishi system in discussion, the LT-70 turntable,
DA-L70 amp/cassette/tuner combo, complete with the matching speakers SS-L70.

I'm super jealous you have matching speakers. I had the original box but used it in a "big pinch" to ship a transfer case for a 325iX.

Back
Top Bottom