happy with yamaha

Thats a nice pair of speakers bet they sound awsome ive read it takes some finding the right amp to get the best from them but looks like youve got a cool setup.
My missions have benifited from finding the right amp my as500 has made a big diference. Fast an tight awsome :)

Last edited:
Would really like to have a all YAMAHA system but those Klipsch sound amazing with the A-S500 amp. Really makesthem SING...but would like to try a pair a GOOD Yamaha bookshelf speakers and see how they compare. Tried a set of Boston Acoustics CR6's and they sounded almost as good as the Klipsh but were a little more bassy. Usually listen to either NPR classical/jazz or Jazz/soft rock on the bedroom system.

Right now I am using a Toshiba DVD player for cd's untill I can afford a Yamaha cd-s300 cd player. Works really well. Just hooked up a Yamaha SW-215 subwoofer to go with the Klipsch and it sounds amazing. Had to turn the sub down pretty much (bedroom yaknow) but it fills in the low end perfectly. Wonder if there are any good Yamaha speakers that would perform as well as the Klipsch. Would love to have and all Yamaha system, Any suggestions for small Yamaha bookshelf speakers (sitting a top a dresser).?????
im not sure what you consider small but i have a set of yamaha ns-5 speakers that i used in my bedroom for a long time. they are at my brothers currently but they are around 18 tall 12 wide 12 deep. 2 ways with a 10 woofer and a 1 silk tweeter. very sweet sounding at all but the loudest volumes

i enjoy all my yamaha products once i finally used them as intended. i prefer the 80-90s products because i can try out items that were totl for a fraction of the cost but i will admit i really like some oif the newer amplifiers that i have stalked on the yamaha sight. perhaps once im down to one house payment ill give some of it a try but until then ill feed my addiction any way i can.

im not sure what you consider small but i have a set of yamaha ns-5 speakers that i used in my bedroom for a long time. they are at my brothers currently but they are around 18 tall 12 wide 12 deep. 2 ways with a 10 woofer and a 1 silk tweeter. very sweet sounding at all but the loudest volumes

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Will have to keep and eye out for a set. Thanks

Will join the Yamaha family later this week when my new A-S501 arrives.

It replaces 20 year old Carver seperates (the amp gave up the ghost earlier this week) in my 2nd system (TV and streaming).

Looking forward to Friday.

Glad you like your new yamaha amp they an awesome bit of kit ive herd my as500 beat the pants off a few amps that cost a lot more. :)

Could you give
us a quick reveuw of the 501 while you ar heer plese
it should be starting to sound nice by now :)

Of my three Yamaha integrateds the A-S500 is my favorite sounding. The other two are vintage; a CA 1010, and CA 800. I love them as well but the A-S500 has an open, effortless sound. It has a very detailed presentation with a lot of clarity. I was surprised it beat out the others but...it did:thmbsp:

I have used it since Friday night and it is a very nice integrated for the bucks.
I am driving 2 pair of small speakers in my family room (16 x 18).
Sources have been Blu Ray, TV and streaming and so far I am pleased with the sound.
Ran it for 12 hours straight on Sunday and was surprised how little heat it generated.
At basically 1/10th the price of my McIntosh integrated I am very impressed with this Yamaha.

Not sure how I missed this thread. But I'm in agreement. Bought the A-S500 a few months ago. Really love it! It was a step up from my 55 wpc Akai. I thought that it sounded a bit weak, but after tinkering with the settings, etc., it has really brought out the sound in my KEFs.

I'm considering the CD-S300, so it's good to hear all the input on it. :thmbsp:

Not sure how I missed this thread. But I'm in agreement. Bought the A-S500 a few months ago. Really love it! It was a step up from my 55 wpc Akai. I thought that it sounded a bit weak, but after tinkering with the settings, etc., it has really brought out the sound in my KEFs.

I'm considering the CD-S300, so it's good to hear all the input on it. :thmbsp:

Great stuff
glad you like your as500 the cds300 should make a great sounding and looking system.
Just wondered what kefs you have ?

Great stuff
glad you like your as500 the cds300 should make a great sounding and looking system.
Just wondered what kefs you have ?

They're 105.1, 1977 vintage. The yammie does open them up. Probably could have gone with more power, but I wanted new and the 500 was priced right with good reviews throughout the interweb. I'm very happy and, after reading these posts, I think I'll go ahead and order the CD player!

picture.php

Yes, I also use a cd-s 300 with my set up and it is a very nice player. The USB input is great for using the iPod and it sounds fantastic. I really could not be much happier with it than I am:music:

They lovely i allways liked the old kef's the new ones dont seam to have much carecter to them in the looks department now days. Bet they'll sound realy nice on the end of your yamaha setup :)

Had the HIIs on another amp for about a week. Seemed good to me but Kittie would go down, listen and start meowing. Some times she would just go upstairs and others sit in front of the speakers meowing. At NO time did she settle in on her chair and nap. I swapped the Yamaha back onto the HIIs and when I turned the set on Kittie came down, listened, looked at me, meowed, jumped in her chair and quickly settle in and went to sleep. Experiment over. The setup definitely has her approval. I can not disagree.

Back
Top Bottom