Blown Pioneer RG-2

camaroZ28

Hi..After many beers decided to hook up my RG-2 and didn't adjust the voltage selector to 240 V. It was set to 120 V. The unit came on for a few seconds and died. Can this be repaired or is this now a paper weight..
Cheers..

it is a slight possibility some fuses blew first or rectifier diodes if you are lucky .. sort of depends on if it was thought of when it was built ...
the fact it worked for any time can mean anything .but mainly if there are any unregulated voltages it had possible time to cause damage ..
a thorough check of the power supply is what i would look at first ..

Thanks for the reply. Don't think there are fuses. Not sure. Will have to get cover off and have a look...

Too bad, but one will have to get in there and start to measure/troubleshoot. Start with fuses, the transformer, hopefully it is not fried, as that can be hard to come by. Then onto the secondary side of the transformer, voltage regulators. Could be extensive damage or a fuse, who knows for sure.

Good thread..Thanks. I don't think there is a fuse either. My SR-303 doesn't have one. Think it is Fried...Will check it out on the weekend. RG-2 was set to 110V. I plugged 230-240V into it.

Back
Top Bottom