I don't think I have enough McIntosh

Tim - any of those amplifiers are good choices. Keep in mind, the MC2205 was the first McIntosh amplifier available with Power Guard and autoformers. The newer amplifiers (like those that you've listed) also have many additional features.

OH, and we'll blame your purchase on 62caddy! Do keep us posted.

Thanks for the wonderful response. It seems like you have all basis covered with such a diverse array of Mac equipment.

I don't own a Macintosh yet, but am researching and looking forward to making a SS amp purchase in the not to distant future. Need to sell a couple of items first.

I'm leaning towards a more modern amp, like the MC352, MC452 or MC500 because of the Power Guard, Autoformer etc. I plan on using an existing tube preamp I own, and upgrade speakers down the line.

Yeah, go the MC452!! Best amp I've ever heard!!......:thmbsp:

They have magical qualities about them......there is magic in their sound.....
I hear it almost every day.....:yes:

Thanks for the wonderful response. It seems like you have all basis covered with such a diverse array of Mac equipment.

I don't own a Macintosh yet, but am researching and looking forward to making a SS amp purchase in the not to distant future. Need to sell a couple of items first.

I'm leaning towards a more modern amp, like the MC352, MC452 or MC500 because of the Power Guard, Autoformer etc. I plan on using an existing tube preamp I own, and upgrade speakers down the line.

Yeah, go the MC452!! Best amp I've ever heard!!......:thmbsp:

They have magical qualities about them......there is magic in their sound.....
I hear it almost every day.....
:yes:
Tim see why we all point to Kev as the easy target of our ills:D

Just wondering to myself how this all happened.

MAC 1500
MR 78
MR 80
C 30
C 32
MC 240
MC 2505
MC 2125
MC 2125
MC 2155
MX 110
CR 7
CR 7
MQ 101

...not to mention 2 TTs, 2 CD players, a cassette deck, 5 pairs of speakers, and other accessories.

This is a terrible sickness. :drool:

I fully understand Caddy:yes:

In a very short time for me I went from not wanting to buy a $200 cartridge to buying $1100 carts, from $200 turntables to $3500 decks less arm. Oh amrs I have now cost more than my whole system used to.:wtf:

One day I got a hair up my butt to buy a tube amp and the choice was to go with the new MC275. Aw hell that was all she wrote when it came to Mac:music: So I bought two of them. Funny how fast this can happen once your system elevates. It's not snake oil, placebos or anything like that it's being able to hear the improvments.

I left this for Kev one night and I don't even think he has seen it. But when I got to the mac forum Kev was front and center willing to help. I also posted photos of my new mac system. Then just a year later you should see what happen "Go look at the evolution I posted.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58004&page=78

I don't know if I can handle another year around here, It's all Kev's fault:D

I fully understand Caddy:yes:

In a very short time for me I went from not wanting to buy a $200 cartridge to buying $1100 carts, from $200 turntables to $3500 decks less arm. Oh amrs I have now cost more than my whole system used to.:wtf:

One day I got a hair up my butt to buy a tube amp and the choice was to go with the new MC275. Aw hell that was all she wrote when it came to Mac:music: So I bought two of them. Funny how fast this can happen once your system elevates. It's not snake oil, placebos or anything like that it's being able to hear the improvments.

I left this for Kev one night and I don't even think he has seen it. But when I got to the mac forum Kev was front and center willing to help. I also posted photos of my new mac system. Then just a year later you should see what happen "Go look at the evolution I posted.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58004&page=78

I don't know if I can handle another year around here, It's all Kev's fault:D

Bahahahaha.....Yeah, I am so in the crap financially after the last year of Mc purchases......
But I want more, and I believe I will get more some day, but to be honest, the desire to keep going has tapered off a bit.....which is great!!
C48 + MEN220.....DAMN fine combination indeed....:thmbsp:

I am just enjoying my system, its used every day, it does everything!!
It must be on for at least 8hrs a day.....

But really, there is no such thing as too much McIntosh, so keep on going...:thmbsp:

62caddy needs some BIG AMPS!! Yeah, nothing like headroom!!

Bahahahaha.....Yeah, I am so in the crap financially after the last year of Mc purchases......
But I want more, and I believe I will get more some day, but to be honest, the desire to keep going has tapered off a bit.....which is great!!
C48 + MEN220.....DAMN fine combination indeed....:thmbsp:

I am just enjoying my system, its used every day, it does everything!!
It must be on for at least 8hrs a day.....

But really, there is no such thing as too much McIntosh, so keep on going...:thmbsp:

62caddy needs some BIG AMPS!! Yeah, nothing like headroom!!

Im even thinking about reducing my system. All I listen to now that I got them is the C100 & MC501s with the JBL L250s playing vinyl on my fine SOTA's

Im even thinking about reducing my system. All I listen to now that I got them is the C100 & MC501s with the JBL L250s playing vinyl on my fine SOTA's

Oh no, so what you're saying is I need to buy your MC275's?? :D

Big amps now, is it?

Poor Ryan up there is about to jump off a cliff over blue gels and trying to get all my meters to match color.

That would be all he needs is for me to get all new amps! LOL!

Was never OCD until I got into this. :D

You're certainly not alone. There for a while I just kept stumbling across deals I couldn't refuse and this is what happened...

3-MC2100's
1-MC 2505
1-MC 250
1-MC 7100
2-MC 7108
1-MX 132
1-MX 119
1-MCD 7000
1- MSE1
1- MR 78
1-C28

I think thinning this out is going to happen soon.

Haa, great conversation here. I will definitely keep everyone posted about what I decide on.

My neighbor works for JBL, I've got him searing for something vintage and sweet, at a reasonable price of course.

My neighbor works for JBL, I've got him searching for something vintage and sweet, at a reasonable price of course.
He will have to look in the far corners of a warehouse for boxes that are 40 years old. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom