Onkyo TX8500 mkii help.

rotelrx503

A buddy has a tx8500mkii with the vacuum florescent display for the tuner read out.the display is now out.if anybody knows where I can get one or has a parts unit PM me.

I have the same. My display only displays a certain number which I do not recollect. It did not work when I bought it years ago. Although the Onkyos from that era were incredible builds with great quality, The present knowledge regarding them seems to be limited. I put a request on AK, way back when, for anyone that had worked on a TX8500MkII. I got a total of 0 responses. Mine sits on a shelf and sneers at me. Good luck to you.

I have a Big Onk' too......my display just displays 186.8 mhz..........I have even changed the 5525 IC.
Which IC actually drives the numbers on the display? If someone can tell, I am willing to find that IC and put it in.
All other functions are normal.

This is too bad guys, I've always thought the big Onkyo was one of the best looking receivers ever made.

Aren't those dual mono as well?

Great looking and great sounding. It was the first Monster Receiver after I had found AK. As it turned out, I ended up buying it from an AKer.

Back
Top Bottom