Grant Fidelity PC-1.5 Power Cable

I can't help but comment. I am not a "power cable skeptic". I am, however, a technician with over 30 years of experience, academic knowledge, and empirical knowledge.
First, I do not consider over $25 a foot for a power cord inexpensive.
Second, there is no way that a 16 awg power cord will improve the sound of your system unless your current power cable is way undersized. Products like this prey on obsessive audiophiles constantly searching for a new audio high yet lacking technical knowledge to filter out bad data.

P.T. Barnum comes to mind here...

My silence after this post is not the result of any further rhetoric but from indifference.

I can't help but comment. I am not a "power cable skeptic". I am, however, a technician with over 30 years of experience, academic knowledge, and empirical knowledge.
Second, there is no way that a 16 awg power cord will improve the sound of your system unless your current power cable is way undersized. Products like this prey on obsessive audiophiles constantly searching for a new audio high yet lacking technical knowledge to filter out bad data.

My silence after this post is not the result of any further rhetoric but from indifference.

I agree

Nothing like a power cable post to say hi eh!, We will be doing a pass around demo, you are more than welcome to join in.

Cheers,
Ian

Hello Ian, and welcome. Your support of AK is welcome, and appreciated. :thmbsp:

All good folks here, however many have not tried cable and power cord tweaks, and also many do not have equipment of a level that these tweaks make any apparent difference. There's the conundrum in a nutshell.

Regardless, no one will ever be able to please all the people all the time.

Best,

Paul

Deleted, sorry, the news has taken away my humour.

Last edited:
Well some can ear a difference and some can't no problem if you can't you will save money but let me give you my 2 cents worth i have used very expensive power cords in the past and the PC-1.5 power cord is excellent for the price and they do make a difference BUT i will no longer spend 600.00 to 1,000 for a power cord when you can get this kind of sound from a 150.00 power cord.

PS: I bought my power cords at the Montreal show and saved another 40% what a deal i will be one of the first in line march 26 - 2010 and april 06 - 2011 at the Salon Son & Image at the Sheraton hotel that's if i'm still alive for more goodies from Grant Fidelity very very good bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Nice dump and run!

Thanks to Grant Fidelity for your support!

I use upgraded power cables in my system, (not Grant Fidelity) and to my uneducated mind they made a difference, and that's all that really matters to me.

Your indifference maybe should have caused you not to post in the first place. The members at AudioKarma have open minds for the most part, and go out of their way to not pass judgment on others. In that vein I will pass no judgment on your post irregardless of it's tone. We all have a right to our own opinions.
Regards,
Jim

I bought the PC1.5's and RPF-120 for my A-348. The difference was subtle compared to switching amps (the A-348 is an excellent value btw). They eliminated some noise in my system and made enough of a difference in bass response that I adjusted the bias from .4 down to .38.

Ian - I like the fact you're willing to put your stuff out there for free evaluation (other than the cost of postage which is nothing really).

FWIW - I have some MRCA-1 Gold Coated Copper Reference Interconnects from Grant Fidelity. I did a/b them with the other interconnects I have. You can definitely hear a difference with this cable, background noise is much less and the music is more detailed, fuller. It's not a huge difference mind you, but I can hear it and it may be due in part to my new transport. IMO if you have a sub standard cd/dvd player, it doesn't really matter what cables you use (power or interconnects) it will be very hard if not impossible to hear a difference. On my McIntosh, I was able to discern it (and it's a fast switch, much faster than a power cable).

PT Barnum no...Dickhead, (as in the poster responsible fro this drivel) yes.....

These AK vender forums are not the place for this type of posting...:thumbsdn:
ie.,if you've got nothing relevant to add other than sour grapes then why not just STFU....
Ah, you again...did you learn nothing from your last foray into this forum...If all you have is some sort of "Axe to grind" then you really have no business posting here.:thumbsdn: Furthermore, please enjoy your short stay as I seriously doubt you have a much of a future here @ AK....

Ian my apologies for these jerks....Some folks simply can't seem get beyond any piece of gear that did not come from a Thrift Store or Local Garage sale.
Most of us are so glad to have you on board and fully support everything you bring to the table here at AK
Thanks Sir...:thmbsp:

This thread is about a specific cable offered by one of our site sponsors.

I applaud Grant Fidelity for their level-headed replies and support of AK. Subscribers, for the cost of postage, are able to try this cable and make up their own minds.

As Ian said, "let your ears decide." Bravo.

I have heard the difference in blind testing with power and I/C cables, trust me.

Sign me up!

The fact that they haven't signed up for the demo trial speaks volumes. I and many have compared our PC-1.5 with cables of all sorts from stock to costing up to many thousands of dollars, including a couple of our own, which we have pulled off the market. We like ours, it is sometimes so in your face the difference, especially on a system that have thumpy bass (about 80% of those that I hear), sometimes very subtle.

When I started with the GF cabling I was myself a 'frugalphile' (still am by heart) and the approach was to get some decent cabling at affordable prices for our customers, so that they didn't have to 'play' the cable tweak game specially if new to the game, kind of get some decent quality cables from any reputable supplier and forget about it, we have tubes to roll :thmbsp:

We priced the PC-1.5 just above the box stores stuff and below just about everyone else. The PC-1.5 has just been a suprise, a few tweaks here and there and it is a winner. In the thread link I posted in the OP, I basically tell you how to build your own or tweak your own cables (stock or otherwise). You can probably build your own for about $50 to $75, but you won't get our recipe :)

The first feedback for the PC-1.5 came from one of our local dealers who had a 100w/ch (Class A) Pass Labs MonoBlock System that for the life of it, never sounded right, especially for the money, no matter what speakers or source went on it, zero synergy. This was for well over a year, the distributor had supplied the power cables, which where $1.5k ea, famous name (no I won't go there). I had one PC-1.5 for the manager to check out, he asked me for three, which I brought in. He went direct to Pass rig and swapped out the power cabling. The difference was not subtle, it was night and day. The owner came out form his office asking what happened, he could hear the difference from his office. The system finally sold about a month later, the store then had the GF cable on every system.

Next up was a very good customer and local audiophile that almost everyone who makes gear here in Calgary goes to to check out their new gear on his main and 2nd systems. He took home one or two to try, came back the next day for 6, has since bought enough to redo his entire systems (3 or 4 systems!, at least 15 cables) and he bought some for one of his buddies systems and that buddy distributes very high-end Korean Tube gear.

That was all about 2 years ago now and just about every time someone gets one they notice the positive difference and usually get more. My favourite part being the 2 reviewers (so far) that were skeptics too, just got the order today for the 2nd one who is completing his system with the GF power chords :).

Cheers,
Ian

Back
Top Bottom