Great price, free shipping on Walker Edison Glass Metal Black Media Component Stand

It is a sweet deal. I felt fortunate finding one for $25.00 more, also shipped free. Not going to see these much lower, if at all. It's a solid, attractive piece. I really like mine.

For those of you that already have the WE stand, how good is it for a turntable? Is it solid enough to prevent skipping, etc.? Thank you.

For those of you that already have the WE stand, how good is it for a turntable? Is it solid enough to prevent skipping, etc.? Thank you.

I'm not using mine for a turntable (as you can see in the pic), but, I expect it would be fine. The unit is rock solid and free of any sway or slack when assembled, and weighs in at 77 lbs. empty. The top shelf is rated for 240 lbs. so it would handle any kind of plinth easily. I think your floor type (and how level it is where you locate the stand) would determine its suitability. Close to a bearing wall would be ideal.

What is the width between metal posts (how wide a component could fit)?

It says a lower glass shelves rate 75 lb. Would you trust it with say 50 lb amp?

What is the width between metal posts (how wide a component could fit)?

It says a lower glass shelves rate 75 lb. Would you trust it with say 50 lb amp?

I'll measure it tomorrow and let you know, but, whatever beast you want to set on it, it's wide enough. The low profile piece near the top, the Bryston Active XO, is standard rack mount width (for scale). I have over 75 lbs on the bottom shelf, with no concerns. The feet of the amp point load the glass much nearer to the face of support @ vertical member in the corners making ti far less subject to deflection than the total weight of the amp being concentrated in the mid span of the glass plate, where it would be tested for its yield point and max capacity rating. It's a stout unit.

I have this stand as well.

The width between posts is about 19.5". I wouldn't put anything wider than 19" in there though.

There are different heights of the posts, so the spacing between shelves is variable and you can (at least I have) rearrange the posts if you decide you want a taller component in a different place. I've disassembled and reassembled 2-3x based on where I want a given component to be in the "stack".

Back
Top Bottom