Hydrographic Printing a Technics SL1200?

Another view showing the arm/headshell

The control panel is aluminum. The motor is the same as the 1200 A really well built and heavy table.

Technics046.jpg

Ah, yes they did. Lots of of different models came with that finish.

If in any doubt, do a google image search for SL-M1, SL-M3 or SL-MA1.

I've got Technics catalogues with 4 or 5 models in one year all with gloss woodgrain finish and aluminium accents.

Technics did not make a wood model like that. As I recall someone has done veneer work to get it to look like that. They left the front panel in the natural finish so the control lettering would be usable.

Regards
Mister Pig

Well its obvious that pigs don't have the depth of knowledge in the Technics line. Action>>>kicks a rock down the road......

But I did see where someone was reveenering old tables....

Just can't seem to find the ad anymore...oh well.

Regards
Mister Pig

Well its obvious that pigs don't have the depth of knowledge in the Technics line. Action>>>kicks a rock down the road......

But I did see where someone was reveenering old tables....

Just can't seem to find the ad anymore...oh well.

Regards
Mister Pig

I re-veneer vintage tables, but I don't advertise. I've done more than fifty, mostly in rosewood

Jon

Probably not what you had in mind, but it is a Technics!

Technics051.jpg

Oh great. I spend the better part of a week painting, sanding & painting my SL-1200 to change the stock Technics gray to satin black and you show me this.

I do have a couple of other Technics TT's with a plain top like that one tho' :scratch2:

Yeah I was actually thinking about if it would look cheesy having a wood grain printing done on it. The pictures look pretty good of the items that have been hydro dipped, but I haven't seen anything in person done with that process. I am considering maybe just doing powder coating which should be more cost effective.

Is there any websites out there where you can refer me to for parts? I have sourced a few things on Kabusa, but I am looking for possibly replacing the tonearm assembly, either custom or stock.

If you want to tweak your technics via a wood grain body or something else - I highly recommend you join the site TheArtOfSound.net - tons of folks have done that over there - really cool stuff and ideas. Member Qwin does amazing work and posts all the pictures - many others have followed in his footsteps and have done nice work as well - but not as hard core as Qwin has done - and they still came out pretty cool.

I particularly like this one - Qwin is quite an artist:

Tech_043.jpg

He has even used a Project acrylic platter for one of his creations. Check it out.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom