AT Series VIII - Info

MRL_Audio

RIP 2022
Subscriber
Looking for the specs on the AT Series VIII cartridge. Not in the VE database and little to none on "inter-web". Know there are some AT experts here that may be able to help. Thanks for looking.

This is the only Series series by Audio-Technica I know. It comes from their Vectorscan marketing division. Notice that there are two (!) separate and distinct Linear Contact models.
VECTOR~2.JPG

Last edited:
So another question. Trying to come up with a replacement stylus for this and I am coming up empty. Normally I can dig and search and find a replacement but this one is impossible to find. Since there are many cases where other AT stylus numbers can act as a replacement for the original I was hoping an AT expert may be able to suggest a decent replacement. Would really like to stay in the Line Contact family if possible. Thanks for looking and for any suggestions.

MRL: You're right, the same final-generation p-mount styli keep coming up again and again renamed as Studio Reference, VectorScan, Precision Technology, Digital Research, Transducer Research, Precept,Trackmaster... and on and on and on. Many clones are simply labeled Audio-Technica, with unexplained prefixes that indicate Gott knows what.

I believe the original series from which all these clones sprang is the AT3#1series, with the Linear Contact model being the AT331LP. But there's also an AT113LC. Plus the AT3472LC. So you see, it's all so easy and simple...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom