Love letter in goodwill record

NJguy

Found this today by the records at goodwill. The letter is from July 27, 1973. Interesting mention of an event at watkins glen. Anyone know what that means? What record did he send her? Did the couple get married? You decide.

Front of page

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:
watkins glenn was a massive one day fest that is less remembered than woodstock or altamont

Showed the letter to my facebook friends. Many of them think theres some code going on in the letter.

in a ray pizzi LP-"conception"-i found a small note to the apparent recipient of the free record signed by ray pizzi. it's kind of like having an autographed copy even though it wasn't on the jacket or disc.

btw, it's a great record on pablo, Willow Creek is the nicest cut.

Allen may have to turn in his man card for 'circling' his dots over the i's

I am from the Elmira-Corning area, and regret I was a tad too young for Summer Jam, despite being huge Allman Bros and Band fan, then and now.

Spent a lot of time at Watkins Glen track ... caught the tail end of the Can Am series with guys like Mark Donahue ... and the heydey of the Trans Am series with Peter Gregg and Hurley Haywood. Later in life, we were the track engineers , after Corning and France bought it, and brought in Nascar. Still think they should make them run 'the boot' and the original chicane :eek:

Allen may have to turn in his man card for 'circling' his dots over the i's

My thoughts exactly. Very feminine penmanship.

The Can Am series was awesome. Caught one at Michigan International Speedway back then. Would love to see a new unlimited road racing series make a comeback. (OT apologies)

Are we sure that Allen is actually a man? Could be short for something else maybe?

Cool post either way, interesting to see something like this 40 years old.

Back
Top Bottom