CR 640 no relay

Jpowell1

Here we go again
The 620 made me cocky so I bought a cheap 640 with the same problem
When the power is turned on the lights and tuner come on but the relay does not click and no sound
I was hoping the 620 and 640 would be very similar but from a first look from the top maybe not
One of the screws on the bottom panel is stripped and is taking a while to get out
Once I do I will check for bad solder connections first
Anything else common in the 640 I should be looking for?

Big difference. The 620 was a discreet amplifier. The 640 has hybrid integrated amplifiers, IC701-704..

Need to determine if there is any DC voltage at the amplifier(s) output--prior to the protect relay contacts.

look for 2 copper coils .. measure volts between them and and chassis ground .. there might be a pin near by that's the same connection ..2am here but its where i test as its a safe area .. just scrape off a little varnish .

Find test points TL and TR.Connect your testmeter (neg test lead ) to any place marked E. With the positive test lead-probe TL and then TR ..should be way less than .5 volts ...at both testpoints.

TP L & R are just back and to the right of the relay, when looking at the receiver from the front.
E - I believe you can use a -ve speaker terminal.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Have to desolder all the pins, and take it off the heat sink. B&D ent. has stk units.
I'll post a link later....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Poor chazix... he's looking for an n40 with a bad predriver.... And every one that turns up here ends up being output packs.
:screwy:

Have to desolder all the pins, and take it off the heat sink. B&D ent. has stk units.
I'll post a link later....

Had to replace the motor in my dryer
Got the old one out
Is STK0050II the right one?
They seem to be everywhere even on the bay

Careful with the Ebay ones... Could be fake.
However, this should work.

http://www.bdent.com/STK0060II-p/stk0060ii.htm

No 50s at bdent apparently.

..... The power amp modules are STK0050II, STK0070II and STK0080II respectively for the CR-640, 840, 1040 alltho you can use STK0060II in the 640. These modules are electrically identical, simply rated for higher voltages as you go up the numbers.
Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom