♫ <(•¿•)> ♫ MIT Flea Market this Sunday 8/16

Glad you guys had fun.

I'm taking it Dave called dibs on the chaps?

And doug, you look great! Kinda like if Indiana Jones was attending a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Cheeseburgers in paradise, you adventuresome parrothead!

Glad you guys had fun.

And doug, you look great! Kinda like if Indiana Jones was attending a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Cheeseburgers in paradise, you adventuresome parrothead!

Over the years my wife has made the following comments (and others) about my attire:
- You look like Copter Boy (Khakis, black Doc Martens, leather flight jacket, aviator sunglasses)
- You dress like a Nazi (Khakis, black Docs, black tactical sweater with elbow and shoulder patches, small oval sunglasses)
- I see you're dressed for the pheasant hunt m'lord (three-button Harris tweed jacket, white shirt, pigskin suede vest, Douglas clan necktie, gray herringbone slacks, boots)
- Where's the wake? (black suit, white shirt, red tie, black loafers)
- Hey, nice wardrobe...for a gym teacher (khakis, navy or white polo shirt, black Docs)

My point being I've never been described as looking "Kinda like if Indiana Jones was attending a Jimmy Buffet concert."

I'll add it to my list. :lmao:

Last edited:
My lone find at this past MIT swap...

A lousy haul for sure...
bg8000_spinning.jpg

If you saw a moron standing near Bob Sayre's table with a hunk of Danish metal and plastic sitting on a box, that was me... :smoke:
-Adam

Nice... and DSOTM I see!

Yep, a MFSL copy which has a pressing defect of some sort (odd shallow warp in one spot on both sides, affecting the first couple of tracks on each side). Fortunately, the 8000 manages to track it just fine. :yes:
-Adam

Last edited:
Ncer than my b&o TX-2... nice goin'! :)

I have a TX 2 as well, and it's no slouch. However, this 8000 has a few things on it in the design department, and the mechanism's a bit cooler. ;)

Another pic for your viewing pleasure:
bg8000_return.jpg

Cool pic!
What cartridge family does the 8000 take? What's on it now, and is the stylus OK?

Cool pic!
What cartridge family does the 8000 take? What's on it now, and is the stylus OK?

The Beogram 8000 uses the MMC20 series (originally came equipped with a MMC20CL, the top of the line). Mine's equipped with a MMC20E (roughly equivalent to the MMC4), which is in unknown condition (though it sounds pretty good). They only made the 8000 for a couple of years, after which they switched to the Beogram 8002, which used the MMC1-5 cartridges (came with a MMC2).
-Adam

I sold an MMC20EN to an AKer for cheap recently- I dunno if it ended up fitting on his B&O. Wish I could remember who it was- he might be willing to sell it. They are hard to come by nowadays and it's good to have a spare.

I had the universal adaptor with it, allowing me to run it on any standard removeable headshell/arm.

Really though that cart was something special.

Yes, I agree about the 20EN. I have that cart on my 3404. I didn't realize how worn the stylus was until I put my TX2 with MMC5 (a lower grade cart in a newer series) into service. The improvement was dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom