Painting Yamaha NS-690 Speaker Aluminum Faceplates

I am so blown away with the quality of NS-690 series III's I'm lucky to own, but my ears don't play well with them. I think tubes might be the answer.

Yes, on the COQ10. Double that yes if you're on Lipitor or some other cholesterol med.

Merrylander, please PLEASE look into supplementation with alpha lipoic acid and acetyl l-carnitine.

I was asst mgr at GNC for 5 years, minor in athletic training, and this made a serious improvement in my friend's mom, who was late stage.

It will not interfere with any meds, and must be a combo of both. PM if you have any questions.

Not to worry, our family internist is quite possibly one of the best diagnosticians I know and after a check up he looks at me and says 'get out of here, you are bad for business' with a big smile.

Only in the last six months have I had to take any medications after a bout with pigmentary glaucoma and the drops have it well under control.

As for Alzheimer's Florence simply looks at me in sheer amazement when I reminder of some of the more romantic moments back when we first met and were married.

Thats awesome, Merrylander. Glad to hear it.

I really want to recap my 690's but am terribly afraid of that wedge/glued mess.

Here's a pic of the template for the sun tan (paper towel). No SPF lotion required.:)

Attachments

• Yamaha NS-690 Template.jpg
    Yamaha NS-690 Template.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 43
I assume that you remove the rubber gasket to remove the screen. Is it destroyed in the process?
Regards,
Jim

Am I correct that later NS690 MkI speakers did not have the triamp capability? I have two pair both plywood build, but only one have the tri-amp capability. Both have the vented dustcap woofers.
Regards,
Jim

Am I correct that later NS690 MkI speakers did not have the triamp capability? I have two pair both plywood build, but only one have the tri-amp capability. Both have the vented dustcap woofers.
Regards,
Jim
I don't remember..Must be, if you have and OEM example of both. My NS-690's are tri-amp capable... I'll post serial numbers later..

Regards,
Jim

All the MkI's I've seen are triampable...

Yamaha_NS-690_Tri-Amp_Plate.jpg

Is it possible that one of your pairs is a frankenstein Mk1 & Mk2 or Mk3?

All the MkI's I've seen are triampable...
Is it possible that one of your pairs is a frankenstein Mk1 & Mk2 or Mk3?

I have a pair of MK Is that are NOT tri-ampable, and I also have a pair of MK IIs.
MK I serial # 78674 & 78677
MK II serial # 29895 & 29896

NS-I-IIa.jpg

NS-I-IIb.jpg

I have no idea whether the tri-ampable units were early or later production, or sold along with the non-tri-ampable units,
but there is nothing "Frankenstein" about my pair........plywood cabinets, cloth woofer surrounds and vented center caps.
Both the MK II and MK III have particle board cabinets, rubber woofer surrounds and solid center caps.

Rex

Regards,
Jim

What are the serial #s of the MK I speakers you have?

Rex

I have a pair of MK Is that are NOT tri-ampable, and I also have a pair of MK IIs.
MK I serial # 78674 & 78677
MK II serial # 29895 & 29896

View attachment 1623225

View attachment 1623227

I have no idea whether the tri-ampable units were early or later production, or sold along with the non-tri-ampable units,
but there is nothing "Frankenstein" about my pair........plywood cabinets, cloth woofer surrounds and vented center caps.
Both the MK II and MK III have particle board cabinets, rubber woofer surrounds and solid center caps.

Rex

Key words being "I've seen"...that's pretty interesting to see the non-triamps with plywood and the "Inspected by S. Okamoto" tag. Was it an option or a production change? Triamping would seem like a very specialty feature. All I can say is I've never regretted a minute of owning my 690's.

Back
Top Bottom