Yamaha Holly Grail receiver

Feel sorry for the guys that had to stock the shelves with those beasts! Where the **** did you find that?

vudezehe.jpg

I was envious until I realized they were too cheap to have 4 meters.

Unless my eyes are totally shot, it looked like the staples were still in place making it a NIB, NOS unit. Please do not mention what you paid, I hate seeing those oh, found it at the thrift with a $25 tag but got lucky as it was the 90.99% discount day or, I would not have bought it stories.

That is one serious looking piece both on the outside and inside, congrats in a big way and I can recommend a good doctor who specializes in hernias.

Picked it up from the original owner. He bought it in 1981 and put it back in the box in about 83. Has not seen daylight since. It also had the outer box but it fell apart. I took the box pieces also.

Truly one of the most beautiful receivers ever - the styling on it is amazing.

Very nice score. Congrats on acquiring this fine piece.

So ...... what speakers?

I was thinking sound design or Panasonic Thrusters. Just kidding, I will probably use my Ohm model I speakers.

Picked it up from the original owner. He bought it in 1981 and put it back in the box in about 83. Has not seen daylight since. It also had the outer box but it fell apart. I took the box pieces also.

Why in the hell would anyone put that thing away for 31 years??? Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Makes me miss my 1020 I sold years ago. Stupendous find, man.
Have you fired it up yet?

I just tested it with a speaker I brought along. Going to pull it apart and clean the controls and face. Also test it on a meter to make sure it is healthy.

Still to this day the 20 series receivers are the most elegant and classy looking hunks of audio equipment ever built. My CR1020 will NEVER leave my possession...

I have a cr-2020, ca-2010 and had a cr-2040. Also have a ct-1010 tuner. You could say I have a thing for Yamaha's.

EGADS WHAT A MONSTER!

Rephrase;

EGADS WHAT A GORGEOUS MONSTER!

I do not recall ever seeing one "In Person". Perhaps I just don't remember, but I don't think so.

Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom