JBL Control 1 / ES20/ ES30?

Greg Weed

Giant Sloar
My old JBL Control 1C speakers need refoaming, which will take me a while. I've never done that before.

In the meantime, I'm going to get another pair of budget bookshelfs, maybe either JBL ES20, ES30, or another pair of Control 1.

I love the up-front Control 1C. I've never heard ES20 or ES30 (or for that matter, Control 1 without the "C." How do those three compare? Any other suggestions? up to maybe $250, less than 13" high.

(I am currently listening to Pioneer BS-22s, but I don't have room for proper placement, and they are pretty laid back for my taste, though I appreciate their soundstage.)

Driving with a Yamaha 1020 and using a sub.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Greg

I have a set of jbl es30 that I'm using with an audio source amp 100 . I use them them for music and movies played through my computer . To me they sound a lot better than the control ones they replaced .The sound is clear and crisp .Bass hits with a solid thump ,not at all boomy . I don't use a sub as I feel it's not needed .

I ended up getting the ES-20 because they weren't on backorder like the ES-30. I haven't been disappointed, but I am using a sub.

I'd go for the JBL LSR 305 if it were me. I have a few pairs of Control 1s but would definitely give that waveguide a try.

Back
Top Bottom