help id these mystery $7.50 speakers i bought

rcaman

cornbread george
i bought these yesterday at an estate sale and they really do sound good. looks to be an 8" woofer and a 3" tweeter. paid $7.50 for the pair. then i was given the set of bose 2.2 speakers. thanks

Attachments

• mysteryspk1 (Small).jpg
    mysteryspk1 (Small).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 283
  • mysteryspk2 (Small).jpg
    mysteryspk2 (Small).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 252
BUMP!
You might need to do some dis-assembly to get to the root of your question.
I'm bettin' the 2.2's sound better though.

Take heart: When the zombie apocalypse happens, you have one-night's firewood :)

Seriously, if they sound good to you, that's ALL that matters! <$10 spent - good sounds? No brainer. Enjoy!

Maybe Grundig. Got a similar pair in my garage I modded a little when I was bored. Braced the cabinets,recapped, and stuffed full of poly fill. They sound pretty damn good with a little Lepai integrated.

Hook them up and give them a try. If they sound good, who cares what they are. If just okay, you have a set of test speakers. I have a couple of sets of no names and actually are enjoyable for not critical listening.

they do sound very good. the grill cloth seems to be fastened on or glued on. and they do not sound as good as the bose 2.2

They kind of look like the Harman/Kardon speaks from the late 60's that came with their music systems. They had the typical CTS woofers and cone tweeters, air suspension cabinets. Nothing wrong with them, good extension or garage speakers, maybe good little test bench speakers if you work on gear like a lot of us do.

but everyone does not realize how many pair of speakers i have. it is an addiction. i like em all. :music:

but everyone does not realize how many pair of speakers i have. it is an addiction. i like em all. :music:

All that matter is if you like them, there are some here that belittle gear at a lesser precived value than theirs. All the while not seeing how low on the totem pole they sit with what they own, it' just makes them feel better.

If nothing else, and you don't like them you can fill them with oil dry and adopt a homeless kitten.

I love this!! just take a look a new member with three post signing up this month trying to be funny funny insulting to a member that started on this site when it opened.

Once you open them, most probably the mystery will be solved. Since, someone mentioned that they were crap because of the RCA connection, just open them, change them to cheap banana connectors, and you will have a high-end speaker...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom