KLH Model 9154 4-way, dual-ported - any good?

nfafan

Have a chance at snagging a pair but found very little on these massive floor-standers (4-way with 15" woofer and dual front bass reflex ports) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Certainly they are not vintage KLH, but at least they are a name-brand monkey coffin over a white van monkey coffin...

Thanks!

I did see some reviews by owners that were mixed. It seems that they can break down easily, some folks liked the sound but the speaker died unexpectedly. Possibly they were overdriving them but I think there are better speakers out there for sure. If they are going for a low price, a REAL low price, you might try them.

They aren't a bad speaker. I had the newer update of these which was the 9915. They play nice and clean. Not gonna knock your socks off but if they are cheap enough they will serve the purpose.

we picked up a set of 9912b 3-way floorstanders knowing that they would most likely be big dumb party speakers that didn't sound amazing (my understanding (which could be offbase) is KLH once they hit 3 and then especially 4 digit model numbers were well removed from the early name

- but for the price ($20) and at the time not having anything else to fill that role - they served that purpose well.

if the price is right and you have a need for them - why not try them out? ours were not what I was aiming for but if it is all I had I'd be alright with them - they will probably end passed along to a friend in need at some point right now they just take up space in a corner

Thanks for the replies, guys!

They were on CL... $30.00/pair. Supposedly work but with a few scratches. Tried contacting the seller - twice... We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom