AKFest 2012 SMAC Room System

Hmmm ... the latest release from Apple: iBacon

pig-and-apple-300x201.jpg

I always rub my paper cones with bacon..it makes them darker and reduces paper noise.

Last edited:
I have a classic PS Audio Model One power amp and Apt Holman preamp. But I would like to see members homebrew stuff.

I do have one piece of gear the group may like in the room. It is my son's mini fridge from his freshman year in a dorm. It is sitting empty in the basement holding up an h/k receiver. I was thinking maybe members or their guests may have juice or cole slaw they want to keep chilled.

Keeping the cole slam cool. What a great piece of kit that would be. Got to get me one of those. What tubes does it run? Tube rolling is in order don't ya think?

I have a classic PS Audio Model One power amp and Apt Holman preamp. But I would like to see members homebrew stuff.

This is a good point. I agree - it would be nice to have stuff that is member-made in the room.

Dave's ST-120s are in essence homebrew. My Jolida JD9 phono is partially homebrew - i.e., modded.

Having said that I still think the goal should be really good sound in the room. For me that would trump showcasing member DIY stuff. I'm sure others will perhaps disagree......

That's why we are doing all this stuff early though so that there is time for debate and listening. So keep the discussion going here.

Jeff

This is a good point. I agree - it would be nice to have stuff that is member-made in the room.

Dave's ST-120s are in essence homebrew. My Jolida JD9 phono is partially homebrew - i.e., modded.

Having said that I still think the goal should be really good sound in the room. For me that would trump showcasing member DIY stuff. I'm sure others will perhaps disagree......

That's why we are doing all this stuff early though so that there is time for debate and listening. So keep the discussion going here.

Jeff

Did someone say home brew and mini fridge?

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I do have one piece of gear the group may like in the room. It is my son's mini fridge from his freshman year in a dorm. It is sitting empty in the basement holding up an h/k receiver. I was thinking maybe members or their guests may have juice or cole slaw they want to keep chilled.

Wouldn't that be fabulous?
We could just go up there and hang out.
And open the frig and stuff, we could have foods laid out for us,
...little pre-wrapped sausages and things,
they have pre-wrapped sausages but, they don't have pre-wrapped bacon,
can you blame them?
Ah, yeah!

:beatnik:

I'd like to help but I'm a nub. Is helping as simple as hey, I'll bring my Klipsch Heresys or newish JBL 4800s or ... ?

What I'm wanting now is simple audio measuring equipment. If you guys want some of that in the room then tell me what to look at and I'll shop fast. :scratch2:

Wouldn't that be fabulous?
We could just go up there and hang out.
And open the frig and stuff, we could have foods laid out for us,
...little pre-wrapped sausages and things,
they have pre-wrapped sausages but, they don't have pre-wrapped bacon,
can you blame them?
Ah, yeah!

:beatnik:

And dijon catsups. :thmbsp:

OK. You guys had your fun with Bacon jokes.

Curtain time is coming. Let's do this and make Detroit proud.

Back
Top Bottom