DCM FullTime Bass System questions

BillWojo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Today I picked up a pair of DCM TF600 speakers and for an additional 10 bucks he threw in a nice set of DCM FullTime Bass System speakers. I have no idea how to set them up. Should they be placed next to the TimeFrames?
I finally figured out how they get wired into the system, the back of the speakers have 2 sets of terminals. The lower set goes to the amp and the upper set goes to the main speakers.
But what about placement? And has anybody used these? Are they any good?
Thanks

BillWojo

Bass is pretty much omnidirectional so I would not be overly critical where the placement is. Corners or near corners will give the bass a boost under typical circumstances. Have some fun and play around with it. Nice score by the way. You should end up being very happy with your purchases.

Interesting, I never thought my TF 600's lacked bass. Can you post a picture of these? I would like to see them. I suppose I would start out by placing the module next to the 600. Maybe to the inside. give it a listen and see what you think.

I finally found some info on them. Seems like you use them to help out smaller speakers such as the DCM TimePiece or HalfTime speakers. Says it will work with any smaller speakers setup.
They are 31" tall and 8" by 8" square with oak top and bottom caps. Must have a crossover network to take all the bass into them. Not going to use them on my TimeFrames. Maybe somewhere else.

BillWojo

Above 90 hz, bass is directional.

Above 90hz is the job of main speakers. and could be argued to be midbass. It's near the top of the 2nd octave already. Even the THX people say subwoofing starts at 80, and i think they are starting too soon.

Except in cars where apparently 120hz is a common crossover frequency for "subwoofers".

Back
Top Bottom