New KR-6600!

Lbgrrl

Beatles Fan
Here it is, I got it off Craigslist last week, and paid just $70. I think I got quite the deal! Cosmetically in excellent shape and everything works. Sounds just wonderful--how I have missed that warm Kenwood sound. I sold my KR 6160 in 2000, and have always regretted it. Have to say, this one is nicer and didn't suffer through my college years :) second pic shows the whole set up, with my Dual CS 505-3 turntable, some random Sony CD player and Sony speakers. Btw, I always thought these speakers were kind of mediocre, but with the Kenwood driving them, they sound pretty good!

You are at the right place...

The KR-6600 is a wonderful piece of gear. Powerful, fantastic tuner section.
And the side panels are a kind of Venturi system. Very effective.

The version with the woodcase is also very attractive.

I am really enjoying this receiver :) the sound is just awesome! Even MP3s sound much better. And the power--at just the 3rd position on the volume knob, the floors are thumping! Wow, I hadn't realized how much I was missing on the Technics. It is so true that today's home theater receivers have nothing on these monsters from the 70s. I will probably hang on to the Technics for a home theater set up when I move, but in the meantime I am running the directv sound through the Kenwood--all that Olympic ice skating music sounded pretty nice!

White Album...that's what I have been listening to on my KA-7100

Beautiful receiver you have there :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom