Speaker ID help!

The first pic looks like crap drivers with the Piezo tweeters the second pic looks like a pair of JBL 15" guitar drivers D130-AS ? and a JBL-075 bullet tweeter.

REGARDS SNOW

Last edited:
The first pic looks like crap drivers with the Piezo tweeters the second pic looks like a pair of JBL 15" guitar drivers D130-AS ? and a JBL-075 bullet tweeter.

REGARDS SNOW
2nd pair are also crap drivers, pyramid/pyle copy of JBL bullet, they're actually not bad tamed with a proper crossover.

The cheesy woofers with shiny dustcaps are NOT original. Hope somebody didn't toss a pair of 2235's because the foams were bad.

Those are all Rodgers organ tone cabinets.

Snow may well be correct on the bullet actually being a JBL, we'll wait for a verdict.

Last edited:
If those are later series Rogers organ speakers, their value intact is probably higher than their component value.

Organ speaker systems are specifically matched to sound really nice with the organ. They tend to work very well in the lowest octaves but may not have much output above ~ 12kHz, since they don't need it. They also don't need to handle the human voice, and cutting edge transient response isn't critical.

Not saying the components aren't good, just saying the components might not be big names with big resale as components.

More than likely bowtie427ss and the others are correct, I know next to nothing about Rodgers organ cabinets and their components, my guess was strictly based on the pictures and what they "appear" to be. As a general rule most cabinets with the piezo style tweeters have crappy components and the shiny dust cap woofers and bullet style tweeter look like JBL's but I am certain that other companies made cheap knock offs.

REGARDS SNOW

I didn't go. The seller insist that the tweeter is JBL, but told me the driver were Japanese and its 2.5 hours so I just passed. Thanks for all the info.

2.5 hrs is a long trip for a single 075/2402.

The woofers in the cabinet have been replaced. They were probably originally 2235's and got tossed when the foam rotted.

Back
Top Bottom