Masters and Mothers and Stampers, Oh My!!!

Zonian

Endangered Species
:banana:

I just finished my first week doing what I was born to do!

As a lover and collector of vinyl music, I just can't imagine it being any sweeter!

I've been making the parts that make the pressings that make the music that we vinyl lovers live for! (And they PAY me!)

I'm on top of the world, folks! :music:

Check it out: (Scroll to the right to see all the pics...)
http://www.stephenjerkins.com/stories/united-record-pressing/

***There are no pictures of my department (Plating) because the entire process is CLASSIFIED.

I could show you, but then I would have to...

...you know.:twak:

You're quite welcome (for the link). And I, for one, find the entire process :music: fascinating!!!

Just completed my first week! :banana:

Sooooo Cooool

I know how you love listening to records now you can be a part of making them. I'll post some good vids that show the prosses and some of the type of work your doing.

Sooooo Cooool

I know how you love listening to records now you can be a part of making them.

You are so on target with that, sir!

I'm closer to the vinyl than I've ever been, and loving it!

What I'm loving the most is the fact that there can be NO QUALITY PRESSING BETTER THAN THE WORK THAT I PRODUCE!

Here's a little more something...
Jack White and United got together and set the World Record...
http://www.tennessean.com/story/ent...-white-cuts-fastest-record-nashville/7909049/

I had a record that was pressed there in today's mail!

I made Stampers for several dozen records that will be for sale soon; some new, and some reprints...

...ALL flawless when they left my hands!

My dad told me a long time ago:

"I don't care if you're a ditch digger, you be the best ditch digger you can be."

Well, there you go...

...only my best, whatever it is.

Today, it's Vinyl Records! :music:

I made Stampers for several dozen records that will be for sale soon; some new, and some reprints...

...ALL flawless when they left my hands!

My dad told me a long time ago:

"I don't care if you're a ditch digger, you be the best ditch digger you can be."

Well, there you go...

...only my best, whatever it is.

Today, it's Vinyl Records! :music:
I got the same exact advice from my dad.

Zonjan, that is awesome, and your enthusiasm is really cool. Very few of us get to do something we love for a living. It's a great feeling; I try to never take it for granted even on the toughest days (different gig, same feeling.)

Zonjan, that is awesome, and your enthusiasm is really cool. Very few of us get to do something we love for a living. It's a great feeling; I try to never take it for granted even on the toughest days (different gig, same feeling.)

Congratulations! :banana:

Don't know about you, but I'm loving going to a job that doesn't feel like work! :music:

Give it ten years and I am quite sure it will start to feel like work!:D

That building and the machinery, hell even some of the people look like you walked into a time warp!

But it is quite cool that you got that job, and I too would find it fascinating.

:banana:

I just finished my first week doing what I was born to do!

As a lover and collector of vinyl music, I just can't imagine it being any sweeter!

I've been making the parts that make the pressings that make the music that we vinyl lovers live for! (And they PAY me!)

I'm on top of the world, folks! :music:
I
Check it out: (Scroll to the right to see all the pics...)
http://www.stephenjerkins.com/stories/united-record-pressing/

***There are no pictures of my department (Plating) because the entire process is CLASSIFIED.

I could show you, but then I would have to...

...you know.:twak:

Been there, done that too!!! :D. In fact, I wish that I was still doing it...!!! :yes:

I worked 19 years at a CD/DVD replication plant, including doing audio mastering:

One year in QC, 6 years running the Glass Mastering Cutting Lathes, and finally in the Mastering Studios (2 audio suites, and large ROM/video editing transfer suite), as a Mastering Engineer, for the last 12 years! QC'ing audio and video master tapes, checking for proper formatting, then adding EQ & compression as needed, adding PQ Subcodes, Track Markers, hidden tracks, adding ISRC codes and CD Text; all of it. Even beta testing software and new game releases (including playing xBox games), and listening to and watching test press discs. Awesome and fun work. Then the plant closed, relocated to Mexico, and everyone was laid-off. I still miss it!

So, congratulations! I know why you're excited! Enjoy your gig. I hope it lasts a lifetime! :yes::banana::yes:

Hey, thanks!

Sorry about the Mexico move; that sucks!

This company has been in Nashville since 1949 and is in the process of expanding;
I'm hoping for a bright future!

Back
Top Bottom