PNW Gathering 2011

Hmmmmm....

That's a shame, but I'd say try it again.

Their format has changed a bit over the last few months. What pops up as the lead on the home page now are the small write-ups about the exhibits, with pictures, of the reviewers that are on site at the AXPONA (sic) audio show in Atlanta.

The blog about Bob is on page 2 now. Anyway, he is behind a table showing his wares, and behind him is a turntable that you might recognize.

Hey guys, a quick couple of questions.

how big was the space you were working in total? How much room or space was allotted to those who either wanted to set up a system or bring gear to show or sell?

I assume you may have had also a separate sales area for specific things?

I'm thinking about planning a similar event and have a church sanctuary venue in mind and planning out the space and other requirements.

Did folks need to bring their own tables and chairs?

If you want to see some really big events for sales purposes, google Tonbridge Audio Jumbles in the UK, some nice YouTube videos of these set inside what looks like a big gym or meeting center.

thanks for the information and ideas.

Maybe 5000 ft^2

No separate areas.

People brought stuff, if they needed extra tables they used more tables. The facility had them.

Does this relaxed & friendly scene seem unreal to Californians? Real estate is less crowded round these parts...adjacent parking was free and available too. :thmbsp:

For an event scaled many times larger, sure; more allocation/systematization/specialization/compartmentalization. Ask the AKFest forum?

how big was the space you were working in total? How much room or space was allotted to those who either wanted to set up a system or bring gear to show or sell?

I'm thinking about planning a similar event and have a church sanctuary venue in mind and planning out the space and other requirements.

If you want to see some really big events for sales purposes, google Tonbridge Audio Jumbles in the UK, ...

The blog about Bob is on page 2 now. Anyway, he is behind a table showing his wares, and behind him is a turntable that you might recognize.

Yes that is one cool TT! It's a PX-2. Bigger brother to the PX-3 I brought. :music:

If you want to see some really big events for sales purposes, google Tonbridge Audio Jumbles in the UK, some nice YouTube videos of these set inside what looks like a big gym or meeting center.

thanks for the information and ideas.

Steve covered most of it pretty well, but I'll answer anyway.

The meeting room is about 40' X 60'. The church has plenty of tables and chairs. We ran out of room to put tables up before we ran out of tables.

There was no segregation of display-only systems and items for sale, there is about an equal mix of the two.

This was the first time that it looked like we were really in danger of running out of space.

Yeah I was this year's table hog. :scratch2: Guess I could've rolled in monolithic rack-mounts for all my gear but then it would be harder to display the guts and the big heat sinks...oh well.

Tried to bring something different every time, but maybe people would enjoy the silver monsters I brought before.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to have time to do it this year. I've been so busy working on everybody else' gear that I haven't had the time to get any of my own ready to take to a gathering.

Should I look into spaces in Seattle?

A bit longer of a drive for the Portland crowd, but they usually have it easy compared to the Seattlites :D

A bit longer of a drive for the Portland crowd, but they usually have it easy compared to the Seattlites :D

Do tell, Will. That Seattle traffic can be a nightmare. :D

Last year I missed a convention in Salem I helped set up and this year I am into more than last year. I'll be in the pass category, sorry.

Well, I will do some research and post in this forum to see if there is any interest, probably would be later in the year than these typically are, due to the amount of notice.

Should I look into spaces in Seattle?

The Seattle Area has been due a meet of members for awhile now....

I'd definately been in for it!

Back
Top Bottom