Rotel RA-1212 Integrated question

wendelltate

Hi all. I purchased this beauty at a goodwill for $10 and for the most part it works really well. It is a beast with dual power transformers. It weighs a ton too. I haven't been able to find much info about the unit online but I think it is 100 watts per channel.

The only problem that it has is that the left channel has a slightly lower output than the right. I can balance this by moving the balance to that side at around two or three on the dial.

Here is what I have done to try to fix this. I have switched around the inputs, speaker wires, and tried it on different inputs. I went to Lowe's and bought some electronics contact cleaner. I have sprayed all of the selectors, knobs, etc. a couple of times and they are smoother but is still hasn't worked.

Should I purchase some deoxit to do this again? If so, I will do that. Or, is there something else that this could be?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
DeOxit will almost certainly be better than that unnamed stuff you have used. Spray it on the switches (not the pots) work them a few times - then leave it overnight.

Back
Top Bottom