Sony ta 1120 phono section

vitorzoom

I need the parts list of the Sony TA 1120 phono section, and where I could buy. My coach already changed several capacitors in the amplifier and the sound is great, noise is just the phono section, but have difficulties to know what are the exact parts,
thank goodwill.

This amplifier has been changed all capacitors phono least in part, which is precisely where only one channel works and presents wheezing. I love the sound of it.

If you've got one channel with noise after the typical re-capping, odds are that you're dealing with a noisy transistor. In the phono preamp, there are 2, 2SC401 and 1, 2SC318 for each channel.

I'd swap all of them once you find a cross reference for them. Perhaps someone will step up with some suggestions.

Cheers,

David

I appreciate the attention, actually bought a little time and only worked the pre amp. I did not actually test the phono section. After the recap everything works great, except the phono section. My coach asked me to buy the components and lead to him changing. I happen to lay in it and I can not read schematics, and from what little I understand, did not see a relationship specifies the components of the phono section in the manual. If someone get decipher the manual stating what are the capacitors and transistors, would be very grateful. But I really appreciate the help I've had so far

Take the service manual and send or printout the manual so your "coach" can interpret it for you.

If you don't understand components and what they look like? You need to study. 'how stuff works' is a good beginner guide for 'how resistors, capacitors, basic amplifiers, etc.. work and much much more online to educate yourself. And you can always use search engines..

Lately I've seen a lot of posts where the info they need was a simple internet search with make and model number

search keywords would/could be: "service manual"
"User or owners manual"
"specs"
"pics" or just leave out the pics or pictures and q the make and model number only. Sometimes national origin for unknown same.

Back
Top Bottom