Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest!!!

Inspiribomb

Enjoy the journey
Many of you will likely recall Ron's (Doucanoe) outstanding gathering last year - Cobblefest. I've been considering hosting Cobblefest 2011 at my place in the country this year...

I like the theme from last year, but have ample space for almost anything you could possibly want to bring. For those who don't know, the theme of Cobblefest is DIY. If you built, repaired, modded, restored or somehow cobbled it together, we want to see and hear it! And even if you didn't, we still want to hear it :music:

For those who were there last year, its a bit different at my place. I live in Lindstrom, MN on a 5 acre lot. My primary neighbors are cows and cornfields. Since I'm a single guy living in a 4 bedroom house, there will be ample space to set up systems. I was thinking one or two systems per spare bedroom would be cool (similar to AK Fest), plus there is the (unfinished) basement, 3-car garage, and detached garage which has power as well.

On a personal note, my goal is to get a set of stacked Altec A7's going this year :D

I'd like to know what dates work well for people. I'm thinking a Saturday towards the end of May (personally I needed a full day to recover from last year). I can put people up for the night (before and the day of) for anybody who has a long drive or drinks too much or is just having so much damn fun that they don't want to leave! I can provide the space, but you are on your own for a bed :p

I'm going to let this kinda flow and morph into its own life. But a few things I'd like to point out. I moved into this place (my first house EVER) less than 2 months ago, so I don't have a whole lot here. I'm sitting with a Weber grill and that's about it. Any help that people can offer will be much appreciated. Also, this is BYOB for the most part. It'd be great if everybody could bring a little something to share (food, not necessarily booze). As usual, there will be a swap table for all to use. If you can, please bring something to give away as a door prize. This has been a big hit every year! We've had amps, speakers, horns, albums, cables, etc and everybody leaves with something! I'm thinking about doing something a little different this year and having a raffle. Not exactly sure how I'm going to work this, but probably 3 nice prizes that people can buy raffle tickets for.

I'm sure I will think of more as time goes on, but for now that's all I've got. Good people, good tunes, good food, how can you go wrong? Countryfest 2011 is ON!!!

Please PM me for more info (address, dates that work, questions, etc).

Aaron, you can count on me for your food needs.

Get your Cobble on!

Last edited:
Excellent, Aaron! I really ready for a big audio bash and this one can double as a house warming ;)

As long as the dates work out, you can count me in for sure :yes:

RC

Aaron, you can count on me for your food needs.

Hey your Cobble on!

Awesome, as always Gary YOU ROCK!

I need to know what dates are good and which are "no go" for people.

I will have to come up with some special treats to share, like my homemade guac, or my parents' extra-special homemade root beer schnapps :banana:

If it's anything like last year @ Ron's palce Aaron, I will need a place to crash for the night. Ron's place was close enough to mine that I could walk home on my lips. :D

Is the Weber going to be enough grilling space or will you need more? Should I communicate with grillmaster Gary about the food?

What part of Scotland do you want to visit this year, Islay (Caol Ila 18), Isle of Skye (Talisker), Orkney (Scapa 16), Speyside (Tomintoul 18):yes:, Lowland (Glenkinchie), Highland (Ardmore) this was last year's destination but we could do (Clynelish) instead.

Oh hell! PM sent.

Lindstrom, huh? I lost a water pump in a church parking lot south of Lindstrom. Walked in to check if it was the church where the wedding was supposed to be, and walked out to see a puddle of green flowing out in all directions from under the van. Had a fun time explaining to the profs why I wasn't in class the next Monday (they "cared" about such things at that school). Anyway...

PM on the way...

Random thought #1 - bring something to sit on, or you may end up standing or sitting on a cinder block...

Just need a firm date to lock-in "Off time" at the daytime job.:thmbsp:

If it's anything like last year @ Ron's palce Aaron, I will need a place to crash for the night. Ron's place was close enough to mine that I could walk home on my lips. :D

Is the Weber going to be enough grilling space or will you need more? Should I communicate with grillmaster Gary about the food?

What part of Scotland do you want to visit this year, Islay (Caol Ila 18), Isle of Skye (Talisker), Orkney (Scapa 16), Speyside (Tomintoul 18):yes:, Lowland (Glenkinchie), Highland (Ardmore) this was last year's destination but we could do (Clynelish) instead.

Oh hell! PM sent.

Well you are absolutely welcome to spend the night! The Weber is small, and depending on how much we have to grill (I anticipate a lot, between burgers, brats, steaks, and mushrooms/onions that I plan on doing), could take quite a while, so perhaps a gas grill would help. I think Gary has the majority of food under control.

Regarding Scotland, the last drink of single malt I've had was Glenlivet (or something similar) and it lasted me an hour or so, and I loved every sip of it. I am partial to the smoky flavors, but am open to new kinds and like to expose my palate to new tastes. I was at Haskell's tonight, and discovered that the one near my work does taste-testing of almost everything in the store, including the high-buck single malt Scotches :)

Right now I am thinking the weekend before Memorial Day weekend...

Probably work for me..1st of May my work week shifts from M-Th to Th-Sun..Which SUX's. Never had to burn vacation time on a weekend-Just don't seem right.Un-American even.LOL

Well you are absolutely welcome to spend the night! The Weber is small, and depending on how much we have to grill (I anticipate a lot, between burgers, brats, steaks, and mushrooms/onions that I plan on doing), could take quite a while, so perhaps a gas grill would help.

I think we can get a gas grill there. :yes:

Regarding Scotland... I am partial to the smoky flavors, but am open to new kinds and like to expose my palate to new tastes.

Rraaahheeelly, I think I can find just the thing. :thmbsp:

Dates:

It sounds like great fun. So are you thinking May 21? the 28th is the Memorial weekend and there may be more conflicts with peoples schedules.

Damn - May just wont work for me. My Daughter is graduating and the cost of the party and the timing would be terrible. Now - If it was later in June, I would bring the camper and a big charcoal grill to help out!

FYI I have a boxer named Bentley, so if you have allergies or don't like dogs, plan accordingly. He is a good boy and loves people and attention (and treats).

This is great news! It looks like Darren is coming up on the 17th as we are going to see The Cars at First Ave. I doubt he will be able to stick around until the weekend but am pretty sure that date will work for me.

Sounds awesome. A bloody long haul from here, but maybe if the dates work...

Got a place for me to toss up my tent in the backyard?

I have 5 acres of land for you to set up shop, or if you'd like there is plenty of room to camp out in the house...

Back
Top Bottom