Chicago-Area AKers - Save Saturday, February 22, 2014

Robie

Live it or live with it.
Subscriber
Chicago-Area AKers! Save Feb. 22nd!!!!

1PM to ???? here at Chez Robie (extreme west Glenview). Same format as previous years for those of you that have attended previously.

I'll supply a meal, BYOB and and an appetizer/snack to share.

Please post here if you're interested in attending and I'll contact you via a PM to let you know my location and contact information. This also helps us anticipate how many may be attending for menu planning.

The theme/focus will be: No theme!!! But tubes are always fun.

I'm in.

I'm thinking of bringing a pair of Bose 901s Series I, just for fun and to jot down all the nasty comments...

Wow, well that killed the thread.

OK, forget it, I won't bring the 901s already!

I may not be able to swing it this year, I'll have to let you know in a week or so. Such a fun time. I hope I can make it happen. I'd be up to hear the 901's. I had a set of Series II in the early 90s, I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I think I cut them loose as a sophomore in highschool.

Are we getting a gear list together? what are folks looking to see? (were we short on anything last year? i missed last year.)

any interest in:
-Pioneer SX-980
-Ghentxu ICEpower 125ASX2 Class D poweramp
-SMSL SA-36A TA202 (small Class D interested)
-Shanling PH3000 hybrid headphone amp/preamp
-Ming Da MC 84C07 MKII (EL84) headphone / integrated amp
-Headphones: AKG K701, Byerdynamic DT990, Grado RS1i
-CEnterance DACport (USB)
-CEnterance Masterclass 2504 (coplanar desktop speakers, passive)
-I have a pair of monitor stands I could bring too
-Blade Nano QX (OT, but still awesome. I should be picking this up tonight!)

? :)

Same! I loved this event when I went two years ago but we will be celebrating my son's 15th birthday so I won't be able to come this year. Have fun all!

Same! I loved this event when I went two years ago but we will be celebrating my son's 15th birthday so I won't be able to come this year. Have fun all!

C'mon Rob.....this event is only once a year! Your son has birthday every...ummm....wait...ok fine.

Great! I will be there and I will bring my RCSS-177J modded the audiokarma way, or maybe a Bedini 100/100 MK2?

Back
Top Bottom