Fisher 800C Signal meter

AlTinkster92

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi, I have a 800C I absolutely love. Always wondered why the signal meter sits at 3 when I turn it on, then after say 30 minutes it goes to full tilt 5. Everything works fine otherwise. Seems like I read something about this before but can't find it. Many thanks.

Check R71, R76 for out of spec. Also check C48, C50 and C56 for out of spec or shorted. Also CR1 for a shorted diode. Could be the transformers Z3 and Z4 could be out of spec, but if the reception is ok, doubtful.

attachment.php

F1 and H1 leads correspond to F2 and H2 leads in the lower right corner of the schematic.

Larry

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_18 Oct. 02 20.19.jpg
    ScreenHunter_18 Oct. 02 20.19.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 57
I've never seen anything on the meter, although I've seen a few threads on the Stereo Beacon. Different parts of the tuner circuit. the 6HR6 is part of the circuit, so it should be tested and checked.

Larry

Thanks Larry, guess R71 and R76 are resistors? Remember I am new to the jargon used here. The meter really doesn't bother me at all, the receiver sounds absolutely wonderful. If the meter is a potential problem for things to come then I sure want to know. I do have a service manual but is probably incorrect for the serial number. I know its important to have the right one that matches.

Never mind, just got my spec's and its a resistor, good grief I'm getting old. Would you believe when I was a kid I could read schematics pretty good. Been many a year ago...Thanks again Larry. My Dad taught me a lot back in the 60's, he was a genius on all things audio and Fisher back then. He had me reading resistor values when I was 13.. could look at a resistor and the color bands and tell you what the ohms were...sigh..

It'll come back, believe me. It was the same with me only it was TV Tubes. By 11 I could tell you 90% of the time what was wrong with a TV and which section the problem was in just by turning it on and looking at the picture for a few minutes. (I'd never seen a Color TV yet). By 18 I had forgotten 99% of it.

Larry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom