Sir.Byrd

Lunatic Member
LEDs in BLUE thanks to Don the LED man!
DSC_0003-16.jpg

DSC_0004-18.jpg

DSC_0005-15.jpg

DSC_0008-11.jpg

Last edited:
i bet it does. did you use a led plus resistor or a few leds? flickering would drive me crazy!!

i bet it does. did you use a led plus resistor or a few leds? flickering would drive me crazy!!

I believe they are run on DC? I've been wrong in the past. Don is the man for LEDs, these were a kit. Each uses a resistor and an LED.

oh. your prob right as i havent opened up mine yet.( and i tend to always assume things 2 be more difficult then they turn out to be) my bulbs just burnt out on the amp meters last week. don has kits? interesting....

looks fantastic . I tried to do a CR-600 but gave up when the dial indicator proved to be a little tricky to do .

Barney

Beautiful. Have to do this to mine. And yes the stock bulbs are too dim.:yes::thmbsp:

Thank ya'll!

I'm going to replace the vinyl veneer on the case with a lighter wood, and then recap it and keep it forever!

Are you using the same number of lamps on the meters (I assume 3)? It looks like it's also illuminated from the bottom but I'm guessing it's a reflection.
I'm thinking of doing this (with green LEDs) to my CR-2020 project.
JimB

Are you using the same number of lamps on the meters (I assume 3)? It looks like it's also illuminated from the bottom but I'm guessing it's a reflection.
I'm thinking of doing this (with green LEDs) to my CR-2020 project.
JimB

Just three LEDs, they do seem to reflect. It's not as spotty in person, the camera just likes to pick out bad details.

By all means, do the LED upgrade.

how can i get a hold of dan? i have a 620 and i want to do the same thing too. stunning

Last edited:
The color reminds me of that blue halo you see sometimes around the plates of vacuum tubes. Pretty neat.

Thank you!

The color reminds me of that blue halo you see sometimes around the plates of vacuum tubes. Pretty neat.

I thought that it would be a good departure from the original color. I thought about pink or something like that but then I thought about resell value plummeting...
I also wanted to do red, to match the other LEDs.
What I might do is find out a way to change the existing red LED indicators to blue...

Me likey. :thmbsp:

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom