C-6, C-60 Comparison

highwaychile

I've been using a Phase Linear 700 amp with some Klipsch KG-4's for the last few months. I used a Yamaha C-60 preamp for a month or so and was quite happy with it, but it does have a shorting issue with the pre-outs. Therefore, when I scored a Carver CT-29V I hooked it up to the PL and set the C-60 aside for awhile. Since then I've also scored a Yamaha C-6. It appears that a little deoxit will have this puppy running smoothly, so I ask the experts here: how would you compare the C-60 and C-6? I'm especially interested in the EQ performance/capabilities.
Thanks, I'll eagerly await any responses.

Finally got re-supplied with Deoxit and was able to get the C-6 working clean as a whistle. I'll be trying that out for a bit. Did some studying up on the parametric equalization so I'm eager to tinker with that feature. I also pulled the C-60 out again and most definitely need to get the left channel RCA of the preouts repaired.

Last edited:
How'd the C-6 work out?

I recently acquired a C-6 in a trade, tested it only with a CD player and headphones so far...sounded pretty good to me. My main references are a Kenwood C-2 and the internal preamp in an Advent 350. Let me know if you like the phono stage in the C-6. I'll post again once I've tried it. Hard to find evaluations of the C-6 online. Some seem to claim it was an inferior entry in the C preamp line. Best,
Nick

<edit shortly after posting: oh yeah, guess I should try an A/B with the preamp section in my Yamaha CA-810 sometime...>

Back
Top Bottom