ADS L1090 Value?

Thanks for the replies guys; very helpful.

The seller is asking $335 and is open to offers. I was going to offer him something in the $200s, but wanted to check in here first. I'd also have to rent a car from Brooklyn for at least $30 and pay pretty expensive tolls, so I'm not really sold on these given the feedback I'm hearing from everyone here. I guess one thing to keep in mind though is that prices seem to be quite a bit higher for stuff like this where I live than the majority of the country.

There are actually a bunch of ADS speakers locally at the moment, including some L500 for $100, L520 for $140, L810 for $300 etc. so maybe i'll look into some of those. I hear such great things about the L1090 though, and they don't seem very common so it's a tough choice.

1090's are the best of those. If you are handy and can get them cheap go for it.

The L810s do not have stands. I actually just made the seller an offer on those. We'll see what kind of reply I get. You'd be all over them for $300?

With the stands $300 would be a bargain IMHO. I sold my 710s for two and it is the one audio sale that I have actually regretted. (I also regret letting my Trace Elliot bass amp go, but that's probably for a different thread).

Of course, I don't know what the market is like in your area. In Pittsburgh, ADS don't show up very frequently. You're more likely to see Klipsch of that era.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom