Dynaco A-25s and Wharfedale Diamonds worth the price?

Dynacos are one of my favorite. You might be able to get price reduced because there is no logo there. I paid for 175 a pair

Dynacos in good working and cosmetic condition - very good (I'd do it)

No experience with the Wharfdales - sorry.

The Dynacos have a great sound. I had a pair of these and a pair of Advent 1s, I preferred the sound of the Dynacos for some reason. I'm not sure if this is the one, but a lot of these era Dynacos have a weird cabinet design with an aperiodic membrane or something like that. Translated, it allows the cabinet to function as if it were larger, and provide deeper bass.

The Diamonds will image like crazy! Hook them up, put them on very tall stands, put some music on and close your eyes. You will hear a soundstage that is just amazing for such small speakers. Don't expect masses of bass from the 4" woofer, but pair them with a subwoofer if you want deep bass.

Buy them both!

I picked up my first Dynaco's not long ago and I can vouch, amazing speakers. That is really a good price. Look on the bay. Some sell for 300 or more. Hope you get them.

Wow. They're going for $300 now? Might be time for me to unload my 2 unused pairs.

Having had both they are great speakers.

For up close desk top listening the Diamonds. For normal room listening and enjoying the groove, Dynacos.

Buy them.

Please tell us you got both of them. I used my Diamonds in a pretty big room, and this was straight after using a pair of huge AR9LSi's. While they obviously don't have the bass extension, sometimes when I was out in the kitchen, I would think "Am I REALLY listening to a pair of speakers only 9" tall?". There is a reason they got included in one of those "Top 20 HiFi components" list back in England.

Lee.

Diamonds

Diamonds1.jpg

ARs

AR9LSi-24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom